Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

Such a brilliant start as well, exactly what we needed.

But the game changed at exactly the wrong moment for us. Le Fondre coming on gave them a lift and we took off all the players who were controlling the game.

Absolutely hate football sometimes.

Actually, i think his half time team talk probably changed the game for us. I'm judging that on the way we started to play differently after the break.

It wasn't so much bringing Cabaye off, yes he's just coming back from injury. It's bringing off our best player in the game, who'd scored the goal that had put us ahead and was running the show, to sit back and try to hold onto a one goal lead which we lose and are then unable to get back into the game.

It was the timing as well though. Cabaye is playing class, nearly scores again then he's brought off.

A manager should understand the atmosphere of the game and how it can swing in favour of the opponent. Especially when the lead is 1-0.

FWIW I would have made Cabaye carry on even if he was carried out of SJP at the end. This game was absolutely critical.

He should have gone ages ago. people were saying it was Knee Jerk but it wasnt hard to see this coming should have axed him after Stoke

There was nothing wrong with giving him a chance to put things right after what he'd done the 18 months before. He's failed. We've still got time to pull clear if we get rid now.

He should have gone ages ago. people were saying it was Knee Jerk but it wasnt hard to see this coming should have axed him after Stoke

There was nothing wrong with giving him a chance to put things right after what he'd done the 18 months before. He's failed. We've still got time to pull clear if we get rid now.

The fact Mark Hughes is available with no compensation needed might be key.

Ashley wanted him last time I remember quite well.

No way he does this badly with our current team that's for sure.

Would welcome the move.

To be fair, Cabaye, Pardew, and backroom would have all known he was doing 70mins max, probs marked down for 60 mins. Marv went missing after 40 mins so I don`t know what some people are on about in slightest and I don`t think they do themselves.

Beaten by 2 stupidly unlucky goals in all honesty.

I actually am starting to weaken and feel like blaming Pardew for everything regardless of the facts. That Pardew twat snowed me in this week and snapped the front door key in my lock.

oh wel, I'll bet nothing will happen, we won't sign any players, AP won't get sacked,and we'll be relegated. I'm gonna go to the temple and pray for us, but In my mind its to late. same story all over again.

Can't see us winning next week, can't see us fighting off relegation, It's like my hope has vanished, I should know better and just not watch the game