Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

This team has no heart. The manager can go, and I have no interest in any of the fit players other than Cabaye, Santon and the new boys from this window. For a group of such "talented" players, they manage to crack under pressure an absurd amount. We have a striker at one end, who never gets himself in position to take chances properly, and an alarmingly high amount of the other team's chances tun to goals.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Sadly there is no way he is going

Then we relegate...

Ashley acted too late with the transfer strategi...if he acts too late with Pardew too it will be the beginning of the end...

Cabaye cant be expected to come straight into 90mins

Marveaux who was the brightest spark is the shocker, honestly think hes trying to get sacked.

To be frank, the Cabaye sub was expected; he can't probably last the full 90. But he should have left Marveaux on then.

Three defensive mids don't make you more solid, you got to take the ball to them to prevent them from taking it to you; it's basic stuff...

Such a brilliant start as well, exactly what we needed.

But the game changed at exactly the wrong moment for us. Le Fondre coming on gave them a lift and we took off all the players who were controlling the game.

Absolutely hate football sometimes.

Don't think we'll go down. Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux will keep us up, but Pardew has just got to go. You can't get a team with these players fighting relegation. This is ridiculous.

Not sure why people say this. Where exactly do you expect us to pick up points?

This team has no heart. The manager can go, and I have no interest in any of the fit players other than Cabaye, Santon and the new boys from this window. For a group of such "talented" players, they manage to crack under pressure an absurd amount. We have a striker at one end, who never gets himself in position to take chances properly, and an alarmingly high amount of the other team's chances tun to goals.

If they lose faith in the project or the manager, shit like this happens.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think I've never been as sad for football as I am now. Not even the day we got relegated at VP.

Fuck this shit.

It wasn't so much bringing Cabaye off, yes he's just coming back from injury. It's bringing off our best player in the game, who'd scored the goal that had put us ahead and was running the show, to sit back and try to hold onto a one goal lead which we lose and are then unable to get back into the game.

This is how our games go now, one of either:

1. We go ahead, then they turn it around and beat us

2. They go ahead, we are unable to get anything back

Every time and I'm fucking sick of it. Pardew just has no idea what to do when the game is going against us. We never manage to scrape an equalizer, or even create any chances, anything.