Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

am seriously starting to think we only did as well as what we did last season thanks to the feel good factor and unity that Chris Hughton managed to create. and playing the kind of football he was trying to get right before being sacked.

Utterly crap feeling this but wanting Pardew sacked us crazy, so we can get an even more inept cheaper manager in coz that's what would happen.

The booing the changes made me fkn cringe, Mayv was not in the game in the 2nd half and we had a lead so brining Perch on was not that ceazy. People will say he should have taken Jonas off and I would agree as he was dreadful but sorry he is a must to cover Santon, I know there is a Santon wankfest on here but I just don't see it.

If we had quality subs then I would have agreed about taking Marveaux and Cabaye off. I understand that it may still be early for Cabaye to play 90 minutes but to take off both creative players we have in our team killed our chances of getting a 2nd goal. Why take Marveaux if you don't have any quality on the bench ?

Jonas and Santon should swap as I see Jonas being a better LB while Santon is better going forward and playing as a winger.

The booing the Cabaye change fk hell we are meant to understand football, he has been out for ages just came back, pkayed 75 mins he had to come on he was running on empty, had he left him on and he got injured there would be hell on over that.

Might have been a better idea if he wanted to protect our lead to put Tayls on for fkn Shola, holy s*** he is dreadful the amount of time we tried to move it quickly and get i behind them, ball to Shola he needs 10 b****** touches and bang they have 10 men behind that ball, he makes me want t cry.

Cisse was unlucky two cracking saves to deny him in the first half, I am not worried about Cisse though it will happen for him.

The thing we need the most is first team signings this week and Benny back fit, we get that we stay up!

Cisse is NOT unlucky. He is NOT playing well. A confident striker would have scored at least one goal from the number of chances he had. in an ideal situation (i.e. having quality backup strikers) Cisse should be on the bench.

Ameobi on the other hand is a championship player at best.

am seriously starting to think we only did as well as what we did last season thanks to the feel good factor and unity that Chris Hughton managed to create. and playing the kind of football he was trying to get right before being sacked.

I often think this. Pardew has made his full mark on the team sort of thing?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Got off lightly in the end.

Williamson could have been off for that stupid handball, then Coloccini starts flailing his arms around because someone tugged his shirt.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul: 5

Debuchy: 5

Williamson: 5

Coloccini: 5

Santon: 6

Anita: 5

Cabaye: 5.5

Marveaux: 6

Jonas: 2

Cisse: 5

Ameobi: 2

Pardew: Sub zero

Utterly crap feeling this but wanting Pardew sacked us crazy, so we can get an even more inept cheaper manager in coz that's what would happen.

The booing the changes made me fkn cringe, Mayv was not in the game in the 2nd half and we had a lead so brining Perch on was not that ceazy. People will say he should have taken Jonas off and I would agree as he was dreadful but sorry he is a must to cover Santon, I know there is a Santon wankfest on here but I just don't see it.

The booing the Cabaye change fk hell we are meant to understand football, he has been out for ages just came back, pkayed 75 mins he had to come on he was running on empty, had he left him on and he got injured there would be hell on over that.

Might have been a better idea if he wanted to protect our lead to put Tayls on for fkn Shola, holy shit he is dreadful the amount of time we tried to move it quickly and get i behind them, ball to Shola he needs 10 bastard touches and bang they have 10 men behind that ball, he makes me want t cry.

Cisse was unlucky two cracking saves to deny him in the first half, I am not worried about Cisse though it will happen for him.

The thing we need the most is first team signings this week and Benny back fit, we get that we stay up!

Good post I was beginning to give up on this forum.

6 for Santon ??? Maybe offensively but defensively is -6

Williamson should be 2. He is the defender version of Shola Ameobi. Useless and at best a championship player. These two should be no where near the first team.

Cabaye 5.5 while Marveaux 6 ??? At least Cabaye goal would be worth a 6 !!!

Might have been a better idea if he wanted to protect our lead to put Tayls on for fkn Shola, holy s*** he is dreadful the amount of time we tried to move it quickly and get i behind them, ball to Shola he needs 10 b****** touches and bang they have 10 men behind that ball, he makes me want t cry.

Understandable like we've just been beat at home by Reading and we are hardly looking like winning anytime soon.

Might have been a better idea if he wanted to protect our lead to put Tayls on for fkn Shola, holy shit he is dreadful the amount of time we tried to move it quickly and get i behind them, ball to Shola he needs 10 bastard touches and bang they have 10 men behind that ball, he makes me want t cry.

Utterly shit post you mean? Stick the "moral high ground, we're just being rational" garbage in your pipe and smoke it.

Guest firetotheworks

Williamson should be 2. He is the defender version of Shola Ameobi. Useless and at best a championship player. These two should be no where near the first team.

Pardew at Sub Zero is the only rating that had any bearing on the match imo. The rest is semantics.

I often think this. Pardew has made his full mark on the team sort of thing?

aye.

now that pardew has had the full season/pre-season to mess with the team he's screwed it.

with Hughton we had injuries but it wasnt as much of an issue as it is now, we were able to field our full strength side for the majority of the season and the players looked like they wanted to be on the pitch and always seemed to have spirit, even in defeat.

now they just dont look like they give a toss and many of them are wanting away or just not interested and "injured"

Great first half, even with our dysfunctional wingers, we still created a lot, and the structure of the midfield was really perfect. Anita sat in front of the defence well and sprayed the ball about, with Cabaye and Marveaux ahead of him working their magic. We should have been at least 2 up by half time, but I thought their keeper made 2 excellent saves in particular.

Second half was atrocious. They were never in the game until that embarrassing substitution, so I don't buy any of this bull about us needing a tackle in the middle, but why even take Marveaux off? Considering he's actually fit. We shouldn't ever think about shutting up shop while 1 up at home, it's a game that is so rarely won by a team. Jonas and Shola finishing the game says it all.

We do need some players in, but we also need a manager that actually believes in the players he has.

Pardew at Sub Zero is the only rating that had any bearing on the match imo. The rest is semantics.

Some of our players are NOT good enough regardless of the manager. The one who should take most of the blame is Ashley for his lack of investment in the summer. It's a bit too late to wake up and invest now in this window.

Nile Ranger @NilePowerRanger

Certain fans need to not come and support this team... Coming out to BOOO us.. Stay at home.. Don't need ur BOO's.... SAY NO MORE !!!!

Thinks he might get a chance sticking up for Pards. Might do next year in the Championship.