Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

I dont mind who starts out of Taylor and MYM but he needs to pick the right one of Anita, Perch and Gutierrez.

We're better than them.

Villa are very mobile and quick upfront.

Could definitely see Taylor falling over as Agbonlahor or Benteke race past him.

Not having it. This is no time for messing about. Play Mbiwa, we need some athleticism back there desperately.

Guest neesy111

I'm not kidding, I'm fucking shitting it.

Me too, any other feeling wouldn't be normal really. This game is so important.

Same.

I'll be f***ing livid if he doesn't start Yanga-Mbiwa.

Fucking tragic tbh. The lad has already come in raring to go. Was hoping we wouldn't deflate his eagerness from the off. Having said that, if he does come in and make a mistake it could also work against him. We'll see I suppose. Main thing is that he turns out to be a bigger character than we think and accepts that Taylor's experience in the league over his could turn out to be vital in this particular fixture.

Fucking tragic tbh. The lad has already come in raring to go. Was hoping we wouldn't deflate his eagerness from the off. Having said that, if he does come in and make a mistake it could also work against him. We'll see I suppose. Main thing is that he turns out to be a bigger character than we think and accepts that Taylor's experience in the league over his could turn out to be vital in this particular fixture.

It just wouldn't make any sense in starting Taylor over him, it's a far bigger risk considering he's not match fit and his injury record is horrible. Yanga-Mbiwa has had a week to train with the lads now as well, should definitely be enough.

At least Sissoko will start, really looking forward to watching him play.

f***ing tragic tbh. The lad has already come in raring to go. Was hoping we wouldn't deflate his eagerness from the off. Having said that, if he does come in and make a mistake it could also work against him. We'll see I suppose. Main thing is that he turns out to be a bigger character than we think and accepts that Taylor's experience in the league over his could turn out to be vital in this particular fixture.

It just wouldn't make any sense in starting Taylor over him, it's a far bigger risk considering he's not match fit and his injury record is horrible. Yanga-Mbiwa has had a week to train with the lads now as well, should definitely be enough.

This is the thing. It's not as though Taylor has been a fixture in the team, and is in form.

The guy is coming back from injury, and hasn't played at all yet in months.

No way you put Taylor in ahead of Mbiwa, who has been playing all season, and is at 100% fitness.

Guest Roger Kint

Why are we suddenly assuming that mbiwa wont start? Have i missed something?

Just preparing for the worst, got nowt to do with what ujpest posted.

His post aside MYM no playing makes zero sense. No point is worrying til we see the team tbh.

Guest reefatoon

MYM is around the same height as Colo isn't he.  Makes me think Pards will go with Taylor for extra height.  Would be a little disappointing not to see the new fella, but anyone is an upgrade on Williamson!

MYM is around the same height as Colo isn't he.  Makes me think Pards will go with Taylor for extra height.  Would be a little disappointing not to see the new fella, but anyone is an upgrade on Williamson!

Might as well start Williamson over Mbiwa too then.

I'll take the better all round defender everytime. Height means nothing. Besides, he probably jumps higher than either of them!

Guest reefatoon

Might as well start Williamson over Mbiwa too then.

I'll take the better all round defender everytime. Height means nothing. Besides, he probably jumps higher than either of them!

I am not agreeing with it by the way, I am just worried that's what Pardew will go for.

f***ing tragic tbh. The lad has already come in raring to go. Was hoping we wouldn't deflate his eagerness from the off. Having said that, if he does come in and make a mistake it could also work against him. We'll see I suppose. Main thing is that he turns out to be a bigger character than we think and accepts that Taylor's experience in the league over his could turn out to be vital in this particular fixture.

no idea how fit saylor is but benteke can use his height and no doubt if mapou played they'd go that way a bit more. also one thing mapou doesn't give is much in the opposition box, given the way villa have defended corners and high free kicks into the box it's something that has to be thought of. taylors not the quickest on his feet but he rarely gets done for pace, reads the game better than he's given credit for. if saylor was 100% fit i'd give him the nod for tonight, who nows how ready he is though ?

Krul

Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon

Sissoko - Perch - Cabaye - Marveaux

Shola - Cisse

Is what I think we'll see. Wouldn't mind to be honest, and then we have a good bench as well.

Guest reefatoon

Krul

Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon

Sissoko - Perch - Cabaye - Marveaux

Shola - Cisse

Is what I think we'll see. Wouldn't mind to be honest, and then we have a good bench as well.

Urgh.  Perch should be nowhere near our midfield now, and Sissoko on the right would be a travesty, as would playing Shola!!!  I hope Shola is nowhere near the starting 11.