Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

I think starting 3 new players for such an important game is a bit overconfident. I'm looking as much forward to seeing them as anyone, but you have to ease them in. Taylor was playing very well before his injury and knows the defence. He'll start sissoko and maybe Gouffran and that's fine.

I also don't see the overwhelming benefit of 4-3-3 without Ben Arfa, as it seems to me our players are more suited to 4-4-2. Nevermind, I trust Pardew to make the right decision.

with you all the way, spot on, 100%............till that final sentence  :suicide:

Gouffran is a doubt-calf problem

And so it begins ... Shola has done it again. No doubt he will start now.

Sick of this s****. I'm sure he's the one that's kicked the boy's calf.

If Gouffran is out it should be Oberheed in, never Shola. Ever

Okay, so reading the articles from this morning, and Pardew has guaranteed a Sissoko start, but has hinted that forward players and defenders need time to adjust etc.

Looks like Jonas/Shola and Saylor ahead of Gouffran and Mbiwa.

Brilliant. I swear ... if we lose this game on account of this overly cautious nonsense. Pardew has to go.

Guest reefatoon

If shola starts...... I genuinely might get on the pitch and form some sort of one man protest. I've dragged myself out feeling like death for this.

totally feel your pain.  Really fucks me off when I see that useless cunt starting for us, absolutely destroys the game for me.  We could be 5 - 0 up and I would still be spending the whole time moaning and shouting at Shola for him doing fuck all.  Especially hate when he does win a flick on, then just stands there admiring it. The camera follows the ball and Shola is nowhere to be seen on the screen.  Then you see the opposition clear it, and the lazy twat can be seen ambling slowly up the pitch.  See I am mad as hell already just at the thought!  Game wrecked for me

Okay, so reading the articles from this morning, and Pardew has guaranteed a Sissoko start, but has hinted that forward players and defenders need time to adjust etc.

Brilliant. I swear ... if we lose this game on account of this overly cautious nonsense. Pardew has to go.

And if we lose this one on account of starting an unsettled side, you'll go?

Guest Roger Kint

It will still be Pardews fault no doubt :lol:

Unsettled side? Come on, we've never had a settled side this season.

He's constantly picked the wrong lineup and players. Theres nothing to unsettle.

All the players that have been brought in are clear upgrades, and the people they are replacing haven't been doing anything of note, or we wouldn't be near the bottom of the league.

He needs to just put them in the damn team, and not try to overthink this thing.

Guest Roger Kint

Good to see the feel good factor pissed away this morning isnt it? You would think people would wait to see what team he picks before talking themselves into needless doom and gloom but nope its the same old whinge first find out later attitude from some  :(

Aye lets spend near 18m on new recruits and not play them to get us out of trouble just so it doesn't unsettle the players that have got us 5 wins all season.

Bullet proof logic that.

If Pardew doesn't play Mbiwa or/and Gouffran he's a moron.

Aye lets spend near 18m on new recruits and not play them to get us out of trouble just so it doesn't unsettle the players that have got us 5 wins all season.

Bullet proof logic that.

Goufran I'll give you. I think there is a good case to be made to give Steven Taylor some game time providing he is fully fit, and bringing on Yanga-Mbiwa later for his debut.

Bullet proof logic that.

Seriously man, wtf.

Bullet proof logic that.

Goufran I'll give you. I think there is a good case to be made to give Steven Taylor some game time providing he is fully fit, and bringing on Yanga-Mbiwa later for his debut.

Other way round for me, taylor getting some game time towards the end.