Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Just my reading of it, but I'd imagine that would rule out a few usual suspects. The search is on - and not confined to the UK.

@DamianSpellman

@CaulkinTheTimes Hearing exactly the same.

:megusta:

Aye, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I guess it also rules out some names at the other end of the spectrum. I doubt the likes of Frank de Boer and Thomas Tuchel, men with growing reputations who need to make their next move count if they want to move up in the world of football management, would consider coming here to be 'head coach'.

Head coach is essentially what De Boer is at Ajax though isn't it? If it's what they already do coming here is not going to be a problem.

Just important we get someone who has that experience working in our type of system. We aren't changing it and that is absolutely fine.. Everyone here is used to it and happy with it. We just don't want another square peg in a round hole, or someone who wants the job just agreeing to it because they want it.

Signs are good, I think we are going abroad. Let's hope we don't end up with another nasty surprise.

Guest chicken little

@CaulkinTheTimes

#Nufc want Pardew's successor to be 'head coach' rather than manager - a tracksuit boss whose priority will be improving the players he has.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Just my reading of it, but I'd imagine that would rule out a few usual suspects. The search is on - and not confined to the UK.

@DamianSpellman

@CaulkinTheTimes Hearing exactly the same.

:megusta:

Aye, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I guess it also rules out some names at the other end of the spectrum. I doubt the likes of Frank de Boer and Thomas Tuchel, men with growing reputations who need to make their next move count if they want to move up in the world of football management, would consider coming here to be 'head coach'.

Head coach is essentially what De Boer is at Ajax though isn't it? If it's what they already do coming here is not going to be a problem.

I think the problem is risking fucking up ones career prospects by coming to a (bargain) madhouse, and being at the hands of a silent, fat idiot.

That's not what he means, man. :lol:

Aye I know :lol: I just enjoy throwing names of s*** managers around.

:lol:

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article832687.ece/alternates/s615/Ricky%20Tomlinson%20in%20Mike%20Bassett:%20England%20Manager

or even

http://www.ashingtonafc.com/media/mid/357_686206.jpg

:scared: