Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage

I've heard a very interesting name as being on #NUFC's candidate shortlist. Former Brentford & Wigan boss Uwe Rosler.

Wasn't he a total failure at his last job?

Nearly had Wigan promoted last season, made it to the semis of the FA Cup. Pretty poor start to this season.

Guest dazzanufc1892

I've heard a very interesting name as being on #NUFC's candidate shortlist. Former Brentford & Wigan boss Uwe Rosler.

Nearly had Wigan promoted last season, made it to the semis of the FA Cup. Pretty poor start to this season.

ties in with what i heard.....

Has this regime, reduced us to thinking that Mcclaren is a reasonable option? :(

He's widely thought of as a top class coach mind. And since we need a coach and not a manager...

He had all the top coaching badges when he was at Middlesbrough.  It didn't stop him singing Alves and constantly putting players out of position.

Doesn't sound like he is proven enough for my tastes.

Has this regime, reduced us to thinking that Mcclaren is a reasonable option? :(

He's widely thought of as a top class coach mind. And since we need a coach and not a manager...

He had all the top coaching badges when he was at Middlesbrough.  It didn't stop him singing Alvez and constantly putting players out of position.

He also won them a trophy and got them to a European cup final.

Let's face facts, if we get a top quality manager, it goes against everything Ashley has said for the past couple of years, we need to finish top 10 every year by spending as little as possible and selling at least one player every year we need a manager that is either too young, too old or too desperate and top quality managers don't fall into any of those catagories

He had all the top coaching badges when he was at Middlesbrough.  It didn't stop him singing Alves and constantly putting players out of position.

didn't southgate sign alves?

Guest neesy111

Did a great job at Brentford as well.

Yep.

Alves was absolutely brilliant the season before at Heerenveen. It didn't work out at Boro, but there is no way in my mind signing him was a mistake.

I'd accept Dutch Steve, not in my top ten but beggars can't be choosers. He'll improve on Pardew in almost every way, up in normal circumstances we should be doing way better.

Only issue I see is he's doing well ATM and has 3 years to run. Bet derby are paying him as much as we paid Pardew.

To be fair, we'd play more attacking football under McClaren that's for sure. Certainly not my first choice, but he did well in Holland, not so good Germany, but doing well at Derby. Defo worst choices out there.

If he brings Will Hughes I could contemplate it. Wasn't overly impressed with them, watched them vs Norwich last week. Not fluid, very lax and poor at closing down. Zero urgency. Reminded me of an even shitter version of us under pardew tbh. Hard to believe. Was told it was an off game for them though.

Yeah Hughes is a real talent. I did like that MaClaren went abroad. As a coach it does show he's mixing it up - new ideas.

Will be an interesting week regardless, see who we go for.

Guest neesy111

Yep.

Was signed over his head from what I heard.

Guest dazzanufc1892

wasn't impressed when i first heard. don't know who kristan has heard it off. would be interesting to see if our info matches up.

would not be happy, but would be happier than with pardew.

Yep.

Was signed over his head from what I heard.

Wey, the point being it wasn't Mclaten though since he was getting criticised for it.

wasn't impressed when i first heard. don't know who kristan has heard it off. would be interesting to see if our info matches up.

would not be happy, but would be happier than with pardew.

I remember saying to my Dad in the summer I'd get Rosler if Pardew was to leave, of course his stock has fallen since then but he was then was Howe is now in terms of reputation.