Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Would be completely underwhelmed with McLaren. Even more so now we have been linked with Garde, Tuchel and De Boer. Didn't rate him at Boro, didn't rate him with England, didn't follow his success abroad but fair play sometimes the right set up can work, maybe it would here. Has done well at Derby although he walked into a good set up from his predecessor paying dividends.

We need a complete break from English clogger coaches imo, of which Mclaren is the best of a bad bunch.

Biggest thing for me, obviously other than talent, is that the new coach has to have passion and personality enough to reunite fans and make believers of the many skeptics. The whole fan base needs a boost. The likes of Mclaren are like boosting fans with a slap to the face with a wet salmon.

It won't be McLaren. He's half likely to get Derby into the premier league anyway and even if he doesn't he's repaired his reputation enough to get a premier league job next season. He's also very adamant and unlikely to cede all control of transfers to someone else. I doubt he'll work for Ashley.

I think he's very overrated personally, but he's not terrible.

Guest chicken little

Frank for me like.

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/6/21/1277137802455/Frank-Sidebottom-006.jpg

dead, mate. still take him over charver, like.

Guest Roger Kint

Newcastle have certainly been surprised by the number of people who want the job, which is a positive. But why is it taking so long?'

But, but nobody would work with Ashley  ???

Guest antz1uk

‏@Antz1uk  29m29 minutes ago

@MsiDouglas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines … betteridge/s law of headlines

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas  1m1 minute ago

@Antz1uk Thanks for your reflections on the state of journalism... Plenty has changed since 2009. Mostly for the better IMO.

Fair play to him, he didn't bite.. as such, and I've previously had a tête a tête with him with regard to Santon

Newcastle have certainly been surprised by the number of people who want the job.

Whay should they be suprised

It just feels like the whole piece is designed to abate the masses while the window passes by.

Newcastle have certainly been surprised by the number of people who want the job.

Whay should they be suprised

It just feels like the whole piece is designed to abate the masses while the window passes by.

Because the media love to perpetuate a stereotype that we are a small club and it's a prison chalice.

Also the fans want to win the league every season and will only be happy if they do whilst monopolising the champions league with a geordie at the helm

‏@Antz1uk  29m29 minutes ago

@MsiDouglas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines … betteridge/s law of headlines

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas  1m1 minute ago

@Antz1uk Thanks for your reflections on the state of journalism... Plenty has changed since 2009. Mostly for the better IMO.

Fair play to him, he didn't bite.. as such, and I've previously had a tête a tête with him with regard to Santon

By phrasing it as a question they can both either claim "we told you so!" if somehow they guess it correctly, and not lose face when eventually it doesn't happen. Non-journalism at its best(worst).