Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Should also look at the more modern and current crop of Lyon academy prospects, the likes of Ben Arfa, Benzema et al were a cycle before.

Aye - but they're bringing through like you say - cycles of top players. It's not just one coach behind this but a lot of effort and investment from many angles.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 27m27 minutes ago

Frank De Boer on #nufc link: ."Newcastle are a sleeping giant, with a great stadium and most loyal fans." #ajax

De Boer really sounds like he would come here at the end of the season , the guy clearly hasnt met or heard of Ashley :lol:

Frank De Boer on #nufc link: ."Newcastle are a sleeping giant, with a great stadium and most loyal fans." #ajax

De Boer really sounds like he would come here at the end of the season , the guy clearly hasnt met or heard of Ashley :lol:

Yes please.

Erm, he didn't say that 'on #nufc link' though, did he. :rolleyes: He said that about Newcastle United as a footballing entity, ages ago. Total misdirection.

Unless he's repeating himself like a pure mental Dutchman.

Personally I think he may be in the running for the Barca job at the end if the season

Guest reefatoon

In fairness, Ryder has been typing that since the summer. It takes a lot of time to type when you mash the keys with your forehead.

From watching Garde's parting interview at OL the "personal reasons" given for his departure there (against the club's wishes, who wanted to extend his contract for at least another season) were very much like 'I have worked very hard these past couple of seasons in a stressful job and I feel my family is somewhat drifting away from me. I need some time with my family to reinvigorate myself and come back stronger' which is fair enough. He has been out of the game since July last year, so he could well be ready for a new challenge.

He will love his family being abused in Newcastle then when he fails miserably because he's a french and not a hardened premier league manager of fine british stock

Micky Quinn on TalkSport has basically just said that getting a forrin is a gamble but getting an Englishman, like Paul Clement, wouldn't be a gamble. Don't know how the media get away with half the shite they spout.

That too coming from a pundit who has a soft spot for us. Man, our fans can be thick but they would get behind any manager to start with. Even Gullitt had plenty of support before he started making a pig's ear of the job.

De Boer might even be up for it, after all I doubt he knows the full constraints he would be under until he actually sees the offer. The point is, would we be looking for someone as ambitious as him? I can't see it. The Garde link sounds much more in line with what we would be looking for. These quotes mean nowt at the end of the day.

Guest reefatoon

De Boer might even be up for it, after all I doubt he knows the full constraints he would be under until he actually sees the offer. The point is, would we be looking for someone as ambitious as him? I can't see it. The Garde link sounds much more in line with what we would be looking for. These quotes mean nowt at the end of the day.

I could quite believe it, managing in the Premier league is the big pull. Just look at Koeman going to Southampton when they looked deep in the shit in the summer. The league is the big pull. Would love to see it.

Ajax coach Frank de Boer .. © Hans van Tilburg

The name of Ajax coach Frank de Boer sings daily round in the English media. Especially Newcastle United is mentioned explicitly . " I feel honored ," said De Boer.

" No, it is not a club that I aspire to ," said De Boer during training camp in Doha. " Well , no ... Newcastle is of course a sleeping giant with a fantastic crowd and fantastic facilities. "

"But I do not at all think about it. I put all my energy into training camp and stay here anyway even half a year. If there is a club where I want to go , we see it properly again. "

Get Garde in. There could be a few clubs in for De Boer in the summer so our chances may be slim, that's if we even are serious about approaching him.

If there's a chance of a competent manager now who wants to come then it'd be brainless to refuse it.