Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Surely he can't be worse than Carver?

Probably not like, but I don't think we should be appointing people on the basis of them being better than Carver :lol: I'd send in my own CV if we were

:lol: :thup:

I am in a similar boat to many, I 100% believe it will be shit under McClaren / Carver, where as it might not be shit under Vieira. I am willing to take the risk. I want to actually be excited to hear press conferences again, post match talks, wait for a team sheet an hour before kick off without having the pain of knowing Gouffran and Willo will be in there. Being surprised by a team selection, formation or playing style. I want to see us be innovative, and notice changes in our style of play.

McClaren for me, is almost certain to plough the same baron ground, where I feel Vieira is unproven and my take a different approach. Even if it's a disaster, it will be better than watching a new version of the same disasters of the last 4-5 years.

Bring it on tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

I know that it's a fairly easy point to make, but I really wish people would stop using 'better than Carver' as a base for someone's appointment. That's exactly what they want you to think.

Unproven ex-player, when there are (or at least should be if NUFC was a proper club at the moment) much better alternatives. The alternative being John Carver doesn't make that a sound decision in the same way that Pardew being shit and Carver coming in doesn't make Pardew any less shit. It's a trick, don't fall for it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-set-sign-six-9360836

United’s owner gave his first televised interview last week and has now told key club staff that the Magpies are in good enough financial shape to be big players in the summer transfer market. His mood was said to be upbeat after securing survival and Newcastle have lined up deals that are ready to go after they make a head coach appointment – probably in the latter part of this week.

:yao:

Telegraph Sport understands that Newcastle hope to have “completed the process” of appointing a head coach by the end of the week.

:yao:

Guest firetotheworks

It really doesn't. It's bowing down to what they want by accepting shit over shittier shit. That's all it is.

Vieira isn't a shit alternative though. He'd be a possible candidate even with proper options tbh. Naturally, said proper options and a proper appointment process would mean he'd not be number one in the queue. However I wouldn't find it weird if he was in it and was being considered as an alternative.

We need new ownership. Whatever happens at the managerial post is pretty irrelevant as things stand. We don't have to be happy with Vieira as an appointed manager, but given our circumstances it'd not be bad. We are in desperate need of better circumstances though.

It really doesn't. It's bowing down to what they want by accepting shit over shittier shit. That's all it is.

Indeed. Improvement doesn't even begin to infer suitability when improvement can be constituted in this case simply by subtraction.

If we don't get anyone else, it will be Carver, though. That is a very tangible possibility. Expectations have been lowered and it's rank to have succumbed to it - but it's fact. We are not going to appoint the proper, esteemed, progressive manager that the club deserves - it simply isn't going to happen for reasons we all know. So someone being better than Carver is a legitimate attribute for other candidates. It's shite but that's how it is.

Plus I think Vieira is actually an interesting candidate regardless of the precipice of John Carver. He's got great stature in the game and, you'd think, would certainly at least have the personality to galvanise our deflated dressing room.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I can't believe what I'm reading like.

Vieira isn't a shit alternative though.

How on earth can you know that?

He'd be a possible candidate even with proper options tbh.

What credentials does he have for you to be able to say that?

It's shite but that's how it is.

That's exactly what they want you to think and it doesn't have to be that way anymore.

Honestly I'm just bored of hating everything tbh. Vieira is a markedly more interesting link than so many others we've had, but obviously I wouldn't rule-out the whole thing being a total car crash.

:lol: I can't believe what I'm reading like.

Vieira isn't a shit alternative though.

How on earth can you know that?

He'd be a possible candidate even with proper options tbh.

What credentials does he have for you to be able to say that?

As I've stated numerous times in this thread and the Vieira thread, I'm impressed by his work for Diembars and his accomplishments within youth development. An example being his revamping of Tromsø (through their relationship with Diembars) and Strømsgodsets (through their relationship with Man City) youth development programmes/teams. Both of which were among the worst in the country, and are now pretty much the best. I've no idea about what he'd do on a first team basis, but what I've heard about his time in charge of Man City EDS I'm somewhat enthused. This combined with the general consensus that he's supposed to become a great manager, and apparently have been considered for Man Citys first team, is also exciting. I don't know if the last parts will translate to something good, but given our options I'm very willing to take the risk.

We're gonna appoint a manager before Ashley leaves, and maybe even more than once. We'll force ourselves to watch the team. Why not have some excitment from the unknown, if only for a short while?

Because, as I've said several times, it'll just lead to John Carver being back in charge.

Any manager with self respect would walk if we fuck them over. I'm not even sure McClaren doesn't have enugh self-respect to walk if he gets fucked over. In this scenario we should just stay with John Carver in case we may end up with John Carver again.

Honestly I'm just bored of hating everything tbh. Vieira is a markedly more interesting link than so many others we've had, but obviously I wouldn't rule-out the whole thing being a total car crash.

Pretty much this :thup: I just want to enjoy supporting the club again.

Because, as I've said several times, it'll just lead to John Carver being back in charge.

Any manager with self respect would walk if we fuck them over. I'm not even sure McClaren doesn't have enugh self-respect to walk if he gets fucked over. In this scenario we should just stay with John Carver in case we may end up with John Carver again.

The best option probably isn't to hire someone who'd happily rather walk back home to Cheshire than look vaguely compromised by a physically grotesque secretary in a suit.

Tbf he did resign from Twente when the fans wanted a change in management.

One thing we shouldn't discount about Vieira is the fact that players will be drawn to sign for us much more than they would for Carver or McClaren. I put Vieira into my acceptable bucket, in terms of an appointment. Charver and McClaren are firmly in the unacceptable bucket. I have Clement in the unacceptable bucket too, because I don't buy the hype on him right now, until I know a little bit more about him, he's a potential Charver/Alan Irvine type of appointment.

why not go for Graham Fenton he's got a track record at North Shields, fits the bill, cheap ,used to working on a budget, would keep Ashley happy , Ex premiership player also league cup winner as well as recent cup winner with Shields.