Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Why is everyone going mental over Viera but turning their nose up at Mclaren? One has managerial experience in bucketfuls and has won trophies across Europe, the other manages the kids at Man City. I know who I'd rather have tbh.

He won something in Holland and the league cup with boro 11 years ago. Hardly across Europe. He's been an abject failure at more clubs than he's been a success

Why is everyone going mental over Viera but turning their nose up at Mclaren? One has managerial experience in bucketfuls and has won trophies across Europe, the other manages the kids at Man City. I know who I'd rather have tbh.

Because McLaren has failed at all but two of the clubs he's managed, is yet another one from the British dinosaur roundabout and will all but guarantee boring mid-table s**** for the foreseeable future. 

Vieira on the other hand is one of the most respected players in the world, has won pretty much everything there is to win and has worked under great managers like Wenger and Mourinho.  From what we've seen he is a progressive, modern, attack minded manager which would be a very welcome breath of fresh air around SJP.

With McLaren we know it'll be s****, with Vieira it only might be s**** and even if it is it'll at least be a bit exciting for a while.

Pretty much nails my opinion on it.

I'd love a De Boer, Garde, Girard, Galtier or someone of that type of course but would happily take Viera. Talk about a leader of men, our lack of leadership issue will never ever happen again if he was our boss.

McClaren has failed at pretty much everywhere he's been, apart from one dutch title and a league cup at Boro over 10 years ago, I'm not sure where this "he's won trophies across Europe" comes from. Bloody hell Graeme Souness has a way way better trophy collection record that McCrapren.

The thought of Billy Boring's post-match interviews in that fucking boring monotone voice dishing out the latest club propaganda absolutely sickens me.

At least Vieira would be worth listening to.

The fact that also McCrapren didn't have the courage to take on the job with 3 games left in a time of need, would have precluded his name from any short list in any sane club. He bottled that opportunity. He lacked the foresight too, to see that it as a better bet for him to be rolling a dice on a big club in the prem rather that staying a a championship club where he would ultimately be sacked, is not a good sign for a manager.

No bottle or foresight not good things for a manager to lack.

The fact that also McCrapren didn't have the courage to take on the job with 3 games left in a time of need, would have precluded his name from any short list in any sane club. He bottled that opportunity. He lacked the foresight too, to see that it as a better bet for him to be rolling a dice on a big club in the prem rather that staying a a championship club where he would ultimately be sacked, is not a good sign for a manager.

Really important point.

He dropped his arse big time before the end of the season.

The club should be embarrassed to be speaking to the cunt again tbqh.

Give it up, it's never going to catch on.  Awful.

I know :)

:lol:

One has just been sacked by a Derby team whose fans are glad to see the back of him after he fucked up getting them out of the division below us.

tbf my next door neighbour is a Derby fan and he has nothing but good things to say about McClaren, reckons he completely turned them around and had them playing decent football.

He claims the drop in performances this season was mainly down to their top scorer Chris Martin getting injured in Feb and Jordan Ibe being recalled by Liverpool in January.

Still don't want him mind, but I do think he's step up from Pardew and on a different planet to Carver.

One has just been sacked by a Derby team whose fans are glad to see the back of him after he fucked up getting them out of the division below us.

tbf my next door neighbour is a Derby fan and he has nothing but good things to say about McClaren, reckons he completely turned them around and had them playing decent football.

He claims the drop in performances this season was mainly down to their top scorer Chris Martin getting injured in Feb and Jordan Ibe being recalled by Liverpool in January.

Still don't want him mind, but I do think he's step up from Pardew and on a different planet to Carver.

Everyone is on a different planet to Carver, which probably means it's him that's on the other one.

I'd much rather take a punt on a championship manager who has potential to be great (see: Howe) versus an older head in McClaren who, while still a great and highly rated coach, hasn't really won or challenged anything of great importance in recent years.

Why risk having a relegation on his cv? Utterly pathetic comment

How's it a pathetic comment? McClaren didn't want the job when the club had hit the rocks. Hardly a ringing endorsement if we are in a relegation battle with him at the helm next season.

He's shit and a bottler, it would have took balls to take us with 3 games left, and he didn't have the courage to take on the challenge. 

Joe Kinnear with latter stage dementia is on a different planet to Carver, mind.

How's it a pathetic comment? McClaren didn't want the job when the club had hit the rocks. Hardly a ringing endorsement if we are in a relegation battle with him at the helm next season.

He's shit and a bottler, it would have took balls to take us with 3 games left, and he didn't have the courage to take on the challenge. 

It's not a pathetic comment, but neither is McClaren a bottler. If we're in a relegation scrap next may it'll be McClarens fault but this season was entirely somebody else's fault, you can't criticise a bloke for not jumping onto a sinking ship! The only time you'll ever get a sane manager to do that I'd by throwing money at him, and you know how our owner feels about throwing money around.

McLaren's record at Boro in the PL:

12th, 11th, 11th, 7th (League cup winners), 14th (UEFA finalists).  Also got to 2 FA cup semi finals.

Easy to see why this is Ashleys dream appointment