Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Howaythetoon

McLaren's record at Boro in the PL:

12th, 11th, 11th, 7th (League cup winners), 14th (UEFA finalists).  Also got to 2 FA cup semi finals.

Easy to see why this is Ashleys dream appointment

Not a bad record in general for a club like Boro.

I'd far rather we didn't appoint someone like McClaren, but he would be a decent enough appointment all things considered. Vieira smacks to me of the club trying to force McClaren's hand into accepting our terms etc. As leftfield as he would be, we need someone experienced, someone with some kind of track record. I'd take the former Boro man over Vieira like.

McLaren's record at Boro in the PL:

12th, 11th, 11th, 7th (League cup winners), 14th (UEFA finalists).  Also got to 2 FA cup semi finals.

Easy to see why this is Ashleys dream appointment

Not a bad record in general for a club like Boro.

I'd far rather we didn't appoint someone like McClaren, but he would be a decent enough appointment all things considered. Vieira smacks to me of the club trying to force McClaren's hand into accepting our terms etc. As leftfield as he would be, we need someone experienced, someone with some kind of track record. I'd take the former Boro man over Vieira like.

Why? Why do we need that? Isn't what we need someone who could lift the players and provide a more exciting outlook to watching us play? If someone with experience brings that, fine. If someone without it brings it, also fine. What we need isn't at all dependent on any form of experience tbh.

I see Paul Clement has left Real Madrid now, no compo for Ashley if he's interested

I'd love to see this guy get the job. Based on absolutely nothing I think he'll turn out to be class.

Whoever we appoint is going to need serious investment in the squad or the poor bugger will be a basket case by Christmas. If we do get Vieira I'd hope he'd been satisfied with our plans whereas if we appoint McLaren I'd be more inclined to feel that he'd accept the job no matter what. I can't imagine Vieira would tow the line for too long if he wasn't happy with what was going on.

For that reason alone I'd rather see Vieira.

Whoever we appoint is going to need serious investment in the squad or the poor bugger will be a basket case by Christmas. If we do get Vieira I'd hope he'd been satisfied with our plans whereas if we appoint McLaren I'd be more inclined to feel that he'd accept the job no matter what. I can't imagine Vieira would tow the line for too long if he wasn't happy with what was going on.

For that reason alone I'd rather see Vieira.

Viera is no yes-man... not by any means

37 people have voted for Vieira for literally no reason whatsoever. :lol:

The disturbing thing in that poll is that two people have voted Carver.

Lee Ryder clearly reads this forum. Don't know who the other idiot is though.

Carver

I'll give you a clue: he's on holiday atm. :thup: