Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

One of the main reasons I don't want McClaren is that people would continue to misspell his fucking name.

Get Chris Houghton and Lee Clarke in as assistants.

It's been a very dull few years, I'm sure Garde/Jemez are far more likely to be a success here than Vieira (not that that would be guaranteed, plenty of managers with good reputations have struggled in certain jobs) I'd just personally find the start of next season more interesting with Vieira in charge. If it's a disaster results wise so be it.

Obviously in an ideal world we'd just give Klopp £5m a year and £100m to spend but for some strange reason I can't see it.

Just looking at some of the managers who have/are leaving clubs this summer outside of england

Jurgen Klopp

Carlo Ancelotti

Huub Stevens

Roberto Di Matteo

Thomas Schaff

Michael Laudrup

Paul Clement

Obviously the first two are unrealistic

One of the main reasons I don't want McClaren is that people would continue to misspell his f***ing name.

Worthy of a boycoutt.

Your right, I agree with you're suggestion.

Vieira/Viera would have the same problem.

completely flipped, want Vieira now

Yep.  The potential benefits of the appointment far outway the risks imo.

He was as a fantastic leader on the pitch, hard as nails and commanded respect.  No reason that he couldn't bring the same qualities as head coach.  Having such a well known figurehead would surely make NUFC a more attractive proposistion for players this summer. 

I think Vieira would be an unmitigated disaster. He's headstrong/principled, unproven and short-term. No thanks.

Think he's exciting personally. Unproven could mean it all, rather that than getting someone who will always have us in a mediocre position. Obviously wouldn't be my first choice if I could pick whoever, but from the options so far I'd like to see him given a go.

I think Vieira would be an unmitigated disaster. He's headstrong/principled, unproven and short-term. No thanks.

Surely he can't be worse than Carver?

Probably not like, but I don't think we should be appointing people on the basis of them being better than Carver :lol: I'd send in my own CV if we were

Think he's exciting personally. Unproven could mean it all, rather that than getting someone who will always have us in a mediocre position. Obviously wouldn't be my first choice if I could pick whoever, but from the options so far I'd like to see him given a go.

:thup: I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him

Probably not, but if we think like that, it's mission accomplished for Ashley imo. We shouldn't be satisfied with the least worst option.

Oh shut up, man. Nobody came close to suggesting he'd be worse than Carver.

And that's half the issue. He knows his worth as a man. The first time Ashley/Charnley tell him a fib he'll be off (and rightly so) and we'll be left with that horrible retard complete with farcical Bobby impersonation managing the team.