Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I know he is highly thought of by many people but.. seriously why Mclaren. He has failed at all but two managerial posts he has been at. Even all this talk of him reclaiming dignity at Derby was due to his predecessor setting him up and bringing through great youth players.. and he still failed.

I just can't see anyone else be appointed though. Other than the fact he apparently works well with youth and likes attacking football on the deck, he is the most uninspiring choice and personality which won't help heal the rift between fans and the club or draw anyone back.

At least he will be motivated to prove doubters wrong and might bring Steve Round back.

I'd take Viera over McClaren for no reason but I loved Viera the player and the unknown that he is in terms of abilities as a manager.

No experience > bad experience

I'd rather take a chance than recycle some has-been .

Our transfer policy is (allegedly) all about finding younger talents and developing them. Shouldn't the same be done with the managers? Instead we've had 60 year old Joe Kinnear, MLS failure John Carver and Pardew.

While I'd rather take on a young manager with some experience this is at least different from the norm.

Vieira was a great leader on the pitch and in the dressing room; that's something that translates as a managerial skill at least (then again Keane was a leader too). I can't certainly see him taking shit from the higher-ups either.

Dunno why they suddenly go for a hail mary given the field of exciting and more proven managers though.

Guardiola had been very successful with the B team hadn't he? Plus he was a Barca guy, he knew the club and the style of football expected of him. It was in his DNA.

Vieira from what I've read (on here about 10 minutes ago  :lol:) hasn't done a particularly good job with a talented bunch of kids at City

I see West Ham having failed to get Benitez are now being linked with Klopp, Bielsa, Prandelli and Emery amongst others.  What a contrast to those names we are being linked with.

Would rather have McClaren than Vieira...

Why?  ???

Zero experience is a major concern. Compared with someone who has domestic,European and International experience.

Would love Vieira to be a top manager for us but it just doesn't feel right. Another huge gamble when we have so many proven managers out there willing to take the job.

KK had zero experience, hell he hadn't even coached reserves before. Take a chance on Vierra over the known crap factor of McLaren or Charver any day of the week.

Huge difference  being that KK had the license to sign who he wanted without restriction. Getting a manager who has no experience and not allowing him to sign his preferred players is a huge gamble. Why take that risk when you have better,proven managers available?

Absolutely no need for us to be taking a gamble on an unproven manager.

Why?  ???

Zero experience is a major concern. Compared with someone who has domestic,European and International experience.

Would love Vieira to be a top manager for us but it just doesn't feel right. Another huge gamble when we have so many proven managers out there willing to take the job.

KK had zero experience, hell he hadn't even coached reserves before. Take a chance on Vierra over the known crap factor of McLaren or Charver any day of the week.

Huge difference  being that KK had the license to sign who he wanted without restriction. Getting a manager who has no experience and not allowing him to sign his preferred players is a huge gamble. Why take that risk when you have better,proven managers available?

That would have ruled us out of getting people like Karanka. Clement is a similar boat and I'd be excited with someone like that. Young, who has worked under big names at big clubs, will no doubt have good contacts in the game and new methods.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-set-sign-six-9360836

United’s owner gave his first televised interview last week and has now told key club staff that the Magpies are in good enough financial shape to be big players in the summer transfer market. His mood was said to be upbeat after securing survival and Newcastle have lined up deals that are ready to go after they make a head coach appointment – probably in the latter part of this week.

:yao:

Why?  ???

Not in the early days he didn't - the only signings he brought in the summer before we pissed the old 1st Division were Bracewell, Beresford and Venison for around a combined 1 million - the big signings didn't start coming until after he had proved he could do the job.

New coaching staff is essential. Need to get rid of this mob and bring in some new people with fresh ideas. Only person I'd keep is Beardsley.

I'd get rid of Beardsley too complete clear out. Not gonna happen like.

Why is everyone going mental over Viera but turning their nose up at Mclaren? One has managerial experience in bucketfuls and has won trophies across Europe, the other manages the kids at Man City. I know who I'd rather have tbh.

Why is everyone going mental over Viera but turning their nose up at Mclaren? One has managerial experience in bucketfuls and has won trophies across Europe, the other manages the kids at Man City. I know who I'd rather have tbh.

Sounds like you've got Ancelotti and McClaren mixed up. Personally i'd much rather gamble on Vieira!

One has just been sacked by a Derby team whose fans are glad to see the back of him after he fucked up getting them out of the division below us.

Because McLaren has failed at all but two of the clubs he's managed, is yet another one from the British dinosaur roundabout and will all but guarantee boring mid-table shite for the foreseeable future. 

Vieira on the other hand is one of the most respected players in the world, has won pretty much everything there is to win and has worked under great managers like Wenger and Mourinho.  From what we've seen he is a progressive, modern, attack minded manager which would be a very welcome breath of fresh air around SJP.

With McLaren we know it'll be shite, with Vieira it only might be shite and even if it is it'll at least be a bit exciting for a while.