Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Christophe Galtier's odds have been slashed. Carr's pick apparently.

Strengths

Protecting the lead  Very Strong

Creating chances through individual skill  Strong

Attacking set penises  Strong

Aerial duels  Strong

Defending set pieces Strong

:scared:

I really don't think Ashley can afford to wait until the end of the season tbh. Stone and Carver will see us scrapping with relegation fodder.

Whoever it is has to be someone with fresh ideas. They need to clear out the clowns that have been 'coaching' the squad and overhaul training methods.

Given our set-up I think we'd be better off going foreign. There's more chance of playing a style of football that we want to see given the standard of British managers available in our price bracket.  My preference would have been Tuchel after watching a lot of the Bundesliga last season but it seems odd that he's been out of work for so long given how highly rated he was, it seems odd. I still have a soft spot for McClaren though, I've got a feeling he'd be ideal for us.

I really don't think Ashley can afford to wait until the end of the season tbh. Stone and Carver will see us scrapping with relegation fodder.

Whoever it is has to be someone with fresh ideas. They need to clear out the clowns that have been 'coaching' the squad and overhaul training methods.

If we really want Galtier/de boer and vice versa but they can't come until the end of the season then I am almost 100% sure we will appoint someone else that isn't Carver til seasons end. Downside is that could well be JFK back.

I'm sure Luke Edwards just writes anything he fancies. Wasn't he the one saying Colo was going to be next boss a couple of days ago?

IF this club had any ambition, they would go to Southampton at the end of the season and offer them the necessary comp to get Koeman - this is about as likely to happen as I am to win the lottery(I don't usually buy a ticket) so the next best thing which the club can even think about is his fellow Dutchman de Boer.

However, Ashley is likely to see how the side performs under Carver and if they get moderate results, to give him the job on a permanent basis because 2016 is probably when Ashley will bail out..he may even be tempted to go before that and Carver is a cheap option for him.

Don't expect a permanent appointment until the end of the season in any case....if we start to struggle, Ashley is likely to fall back on Hoddle or someone similar temporarily in the same way he gave Shearer the poisoned chalice for the last 8 games of 2008-9.

Odds on McClaren coming in,was 16/1 a few hours ago. Now 9/1.

Sherwood at 4/1  :scared:

I'm inclined to think that McClaren has earned another chance. Derby play good football, and he wouldn't be the worst choice.

PS - It does look like no-one in the media has a clue who's going to be appointed.

Also, Gus Poyet on the Newcastle job:

"Not now!” said Poyet. “I think I had a bit of a love-hate relationship with them and the love's now gone. That's over. Will I take the job? No chance!”

I'm fairly sure if Gus was offered the job he'd be straight over here. I'm sure most Mackems would vehemently deny it but I reckon he'd jump at the chance. I'd probably be pleased with it as well  :lol:

What do we know about Philip Cocu? Unbelievable? (the user FFS). I can imagine that he doesn't want to leave in the middle of the season when they are challenging for the title.

PSV have a very young team if i'm correct.

What do we know about Philip Cocu? Unbelievable? (the user FFS). I can imagine that he doesn't want to leave in the middle of the season when they are challenging for the title.

Cocu had a really shakey first season with PSV which is why they brought Hiddink in as technical staff......not sure how much influence he had in team picking but PSV have improved alot since last season

I would go for Patrick Kluivert.

Former player, played under some of the best managers out there, young, and if he was good enough for Van Gaal, he;s good enough for me.

Ok maybe not Kluivert himself, but someone of that ilk. It's got to be a young manager. Not this merry-go-round shit for fucks sake.

Cocu had a really shakey first season with PSV which is why they brought Hiddink in as technical staff......not sure how much influence he had in team picking but PSV have improved alot since last season

Cocu isn't that great. He has the best team in Holland so they should win a title after 8 years or so.