Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Odds shortened significantly on pulis taking over in summer (job swap with pardew?). Bookies odds mean nowt, I get that, but would anyone take him?

I'd be campaigning for him to be sacked before he stepped foot in the office.

Sounds about accurate of Poyet's character to jump at the first better offer that comes along. Wouldn't rule it out.

Don't see any significant long term improvement under the likes of Pulis, Hughes or Bruce. Couldn't be anything but a improvement to where we are are right now though.

Think a lot of the stuff written regarding how well Hughes has done at Stoke is way OTT IMO. For gods sake Pulis has the previously condemned Palace a few points behind them. Despite the HoofBall comments regarding him, he's managed to use Puncheon really well too.

I personally think that Stoke's league position is more down to how bobbins the PL has been this year, a point further illustrated by the fact we're still 9th despite being total dog toffee since Christmas.

He's a proper cunt if you believe the rumours too.

Has pulis got palace launching it as well? Never seen them play

Defending in numbers and using pace on the break - they're staying up on the back of quite a few 1-0 wins.

Odds shortened significantly on pulis taking over in summer (job swap with pardew?). Bookies odds mean nowt, I get that, but would anyone take him?

Could quite believe the swap,wouldn't cost the clubs compen.

Imagine PUlis making Ben Arfa and Gouffran part of a flat back 6. His wingers are so defensive..

No different to Pardew's to be fair.

At least his make it past the half way line every now and again.

Guest zicomartin

Id take giggs and scholes at the minute, they are winning and still trying to score.

Before hiring a new manager we need a Director of Football who knows his/her shit.

The manager isn't in charge of recruitment, Carr does the scouting and board members decide on the financial viability. Pardew has done ok with those rules imposed on him but it's obviously awkward. He wants certain kinds of players and isn't getting them.

Having a DoF who knows what they're doing means we can do as other clubs are doing and decide on a club philosophy then hire the players, manager, and coaching staff that fit that style.

Replacing Pardew would be a half measure only.

Not all managers are prepared to work in that system, though. Bielsa gets tugged off a lot but he wouldn't fit into that system. He likes to micro-manage.