Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I was told the same disposed of championship manager who used to manage a club in Berkshire today too

Got the info from one of my opposite depot managers in Spalding who knows him from his Scunthorpe days as the physio

Very very underwhelmed by it all but it smacks of cheap option yet again

I think I've just realised that my euphoria over pardew leaving will be sucked very quickly out of me if we employed a patsy failure of a championship manager

I was told the same disposed of championship manager who used to manage a club in Berkshire today too

Got the info from one of my opposite depot managers in Spalding who knows him from his Scunthorpe days as the physio

Very very underwhelmed by it all but it smacks of cheap option yet again

Well how the fuck do you expect us to guess who this is. Couldn't honestly think of who you are talking about :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

Why not just say Nigel Adkins?

because sadly / thankfully depending on your position, thats not who i am on about. not posting again until i hear any more. if i am wrong, i will happily enter this page and apologise :)

Guest antz1uk

good article on De Boer here

http://www.footyplace.com/features/de-boer-perfect-fit-for-newcastle-role-1230307064?

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew seems set to complete a switch back to his native London with Crystal Palace shortly, and Ajax head coach Frank de Boer stands out as the ideal replacement, writes David Lee Wheatley.

A whole host of possible candidates have been mentioned in connection with the Newcastle United job even before Alan Pardew’s departure has been officially confirmed.

United defender Fabricio Coloccini, Hull City boss Steve Bruce, plus out of work Tim Sherwood and Tony Pulis rounded out the top four in the betting until Nigel Worthington emerged as another shock contender.

However, it’s a name further down the list who should be paid most attention when Magpies owner Mike Ashley begins the search for a new manager – current Ajax boss Frank de Boer.

De Boer is known to have an interest in transporting his managerial skills abroad and has been linked with the hot-seats at Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur in the recent past.

His agent, Guido Albers, claims De Boer has no intention of leaving Ajax during the course of this season, but actions often differ greatly from words when an actual offer is presented.

Alan Pardew didn’t do a bad job overall at St. James’ Park, but supporters spoiled by the heady days of Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson want someone who will allow them to feel optimistic about their team’s chances of troubling the top spots in the Premier League. In Dutchman de Boer, they would have that opportunity to dream once again.

Mike Ashley’s preferred handling of player recruitment correlates with the continental system which sees the head coach taking care of team affairs, while another senior management figure deals with sourcing new blood. A lot of managers, particularly British ones, would take exception to that and it would surely prove a sticking point in negotiations with other potential targets.

Former Netherlands international de Boer is already operating successfully within such a system at Ajax, where he has been manager for four years, so it wouldn’t present a problem. Furthermore, the club’s stated policy of identifying signings under the age of 26 would suit De Boer perfectly, as he’s been closely dealing with the development of young players throughout his time at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Ajax run a famed academy which has produced a large amount of top-class talent over many decades, while a large proportion of their player purchases are youngsters who they nurture and sell on at a higher fee – exactly as Newcastle United aim to do.

The average age of the Ajax first-team squad is 22.5, which gives a good indication of the 44-year-old’s willingness to hand youngsters a fair chance to shine.

Despite Ajax’s status as one of the most famous clubs in the European game, they are not blessed with a bottomless transfer kitty, so de Boer wouldn’t be put off by the reportedly small budget at St. James’ Park either.

Another tick in the box would be his absolute commitment to producing attractive football. Most Geordie fans don’t wish to sit through ninety minutes of direct play, with an over-reliance on set-pieces and high balls into the box. Brought up on the idealism of ‘Total Football’, de Boer would instead encourage a fluid passing game established around a 4-3-3 formation, which is a philosophy from which he never wavers.

Thanks to his agent’s public denials, de Boer’s name has gone out to as much as 33/1 in the betting stakes, after being installed as favourite by many bookmakers when news broke of Pardew’s impending departure on Monday evening.

However, if the Magpies want to display real ambition, then Frank de Boer should quickly assume the position of number one target on their shortlist before another side snaps him up.