Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Exeter's manager :lol:

Arthur Cox was manager of Chesterfield before he became our manager and Kevin Keegan had spent 8 years on the golf course on the Costa Del Sol and had no managerial experience whatsoever when he became our manager.

KK even admitted that he'd been out of the game for so long he had to spend time learning about the game again and finding out who he knew who was still in the game and could trust.

Everyone has to start somewhere and not every top manager starts at the top either.

you're talking about taking the guy from exeter and putting him in charge of a club that is in the top 20 (still?) in europe man* :lol:

the examples are not comparable

wonder if arsenal will be taking the manager from TNS to replace wenger when he goes?

that said you're right in principle aye

Thanks yet again to our most trusted translator Pierre who scoured the major French football sites to see what the French public make of Remi Garde being linked with United.

'Did anyone get that translator's name?'

'Nar.'

'Just put Pierre down then.'

In the lower leagues Tisdale is second to none, and you have to bear in mind he manages a very small club from a small city that don't pay transfer fees. Despite the much bigger budgets of other teams he almost got them into the League One playoffs at one point, but constant player departures pushed him back down.

Before that he got non league Bath particularly high up the ladder.

His track record seems to be an eye for a freebie, getting the best out of lesser players, youth development, working within a very rigid and limited club structure, selling players for a profit.

It his testament to his ability that he is the first League 2 manager to get a player into the England youth setup. And in actual fact he got two.

I wanted him previously when we were relegated. I would prefer if he proved himself elsewhere, but trust me he is far better, genuine, more talented, and likeable compared to Pardew.

In the lower leagues Tisdale is second to none, and you have to bear in mind he manages a very small club from a small city that don't pay transfer fees. Despite the much bigger budgets of other teams he almost got them into the League One playoffs at one point, but constant player departures pushed him back down.

Before that he got non league Bath particularly high up the ladder.

His track record seems to be an eye for a freebie, getting the best out of lesser players, youth development, working within a very rigid and limited club structure, selling players for a profit.

It his testament to his ability that he is the first League 2 manager to get a player into the England youth setup. And in actual fact he got two.

I wanted him previously when we were relegated. I would prefer if he proved himself elsewhere, but trust me he is far better, genuine, more talented, and likeable compared to Pardew.

Small time shit.  Needs to prove himself somewhere bigger imo.

@GFN_France  2m2 minutes ago

Le Parisien: Remi Garde is Newcastle's #1 manager target and the deal could be done in the middle of next week. GFFN has no confirmation.

I couldnt imagine a month where we get rid of Pardew and replace with a competent manager. Am i in a parallel universe?

Guest taps01

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith  3m3 minutes ago

Newcastle Caretaker John Carver confirms he's been told to expect to be in charge for Southampton on Saturday week.

Hopefully with our new manager in the stands.

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith  3m3 minutes ago

Newcastle Caretaker John Carver confirms he's been told to expect to be in charge for Southampton on Saturday week.

That transfer window is passing by.

The thought of Williamson at the back for the rest of the season is frightening, new manager or not.  Need to get a CB in this window or we're screwed

Can see them wanting to get past southampton. Won't want the new manager losing both their first games in charge which is likely. Then he has the two week break to assess. Hopefully they have marked someone and that person is watching and will be in the stands for the southampton game.

Looking at it rather cynically, it's really quite smart (from a PR standpoint) to let Carver be in charge for Chelsea/Southampton games.  After that, you've got the break to bring someone (Garde?) in and get them integrated while also then conducting whatever transfer business we're going to do. You want the new guy to get off to the best possible start.

I would say that if we don't have a permanent head coach in place by sometime next weekend, then we're blatantly waiting until summer.

I'd sooner have De Boer avant Garde, but I think he'll do a good job here.

If De Boer does decent here (top 10) then the media will tip him for every big job on the go, pretty soon one of the bigger clubs will get twitchy feet and go for him. With Garde I think he'll be able to do his job without anyone noticing much, as a result he'll be able to build something more long term. If any of that makes sense.