Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Have Nigel Pearson come in and do the same thing he did with Leicester last year. Motivational speaks, orgy scandals, drugs... whatever it takes.

Guy at my work says he's known players who trained under Pearson who said he's brutal. Apparently, one player said the only thing he was scared of in life was Pearson and he didn't dare disappoint him.

Have Nigel Pearson come in and do the same thing he did with Leicester last year. Motivational speaks, orgy scandals, drugs... whatever it takes.

Guy at my work says he's known players who trained under Pearson who said he's brutal. Apparently, one player said the only thing he was scared of in life was Pearson and he didn't dare disappoint him.

Then there's his son bucking Thai whores.

"Atta boy!"

If Rafa is desperate enough sure. Rafa.

I'd take Rodgers over Moyes both a long way ahead of SMC obviously.

This is pretty much my preference order of the possible candidates listed in the press. Not even considering Pearson.

People need to forget about Benitez. He'll want full control of transfers and to bring in his own backroom staff so it won't be happening. They don't want a manager. They want someone who will do as he's told and allow a 70 year old bloke to buy his players for him. Benitez wouldn't stand for that so bringing him in would need to involve a radical restructuring of the entire club, throwing all the old policies out of the window. Not going to happen.

People need to forget about Benitez. He'll want full control of transfers and to bring in his own backroom staff so it won't be happening. They don't want a manager. They want someone who will do as he's told and allow a 70 year old bloke to buy his players for him. Benitez wouldn't stand for that so bringing him in would need to involve a radical restructuring of the entire club, throwing all the old policies out of the window. Not going to happen.

I tend to agree.  But there is an outside chance, that Ashley is looking at the current set up, and realising it's not working. 

I don't mean success.  As it's obvious he doesn't care about that.  But Charnley and Carr, are not exactly getting him a decent return.  If they keep appointing people that will potentially get us relegated and they keep signing players, with no re-sale value and end up costing us money. 

Perhaps there will be a slight change somewhere, or a compromise with a prospective new manager/head coach.  Although I doubt it.  Just trying to look at it from another angle. 

All these stories today that "Rafa would be interested" - surely click bait?

Perhaps, but even if it is then it may cause a couple of scenarios:

1) the club suddenly become competent and realise he would be a great appointment

2) the club feel boxed into a corner and hire him

3) they do something underwhelming and the fans finally just say "f*ck it" and lose interest

It's creating a whirlwind of speculation and expectations and the good thing is, this time it's in the public domain and getting the back page coverage it deserves. The club cannot fail to notice the swell of popular opinion on hiring Rafa.

If we keep McLaren and we go down i'd sack him and get Pearson in. I think he'd be a better Championship manager than the others and more likely to come, plus he has recent experience of getting promoted.

If we sack him we need someone to have an instant impact and other than Rafa I genuinely think Harry Redknapp could be the best man for the job. He's just that kind of manager.

I'm not talking about keeping him long-term, i'm talking about bringing him in for the interim role if Rafa isn't an option.

He wouldn't want to be up here long-term anyway, he likes it too much down on the South coast.

I'm not talking about keeping him long-term, i'm talking about bringing him in for the interim role if Rafa isn't an option.

He wouldn't want to be up here long-term anyway, he likes it too much down on the South coast.

Don't want this chancer for several reasons. He wont care about us staying up, he can sod off back to Portsmouth when the season is over. He hasn't impressed me at any of his clubs (bar Portsmouth and that was years ago). I doubt he'd have the desire to sort the club out as it's been too long for him and he has no reason to get the players to play (short term appointment so he wouldn't be managing for an extension). It was him who came out with the Ba release clause. He always has an unpopular opinion about our club whereby his only apparent thought is "how can I p*ss off the Geordie fans?".

IMO has to be an absolutely top manager to rejivinate this bunch of cowards we have in the squad.  They don't perform for a top manager and their careers after here will not be the same.

For what it is worth I don't think McLaren is going anywhere.