Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

I'm not all THAT excited by Gouffran he sounds alright, not amazing, having said that I do have a soft spot for tricky intelligent forwards, which sounds like what he is

Anyone who thinks this way just needs to remember that Shola Ameobi is currently our 2nd choice Striker.

I'm not all THAT excited by Gouffran he sounds alright, not amazing, having said that I do have a soft spot for tricky intelligent forwards, which sounds like what he is

Anyone who thinks this way just needs to remember that Shola Ameobi is currently our 2nd choice Striker.

:thup:

The amount of bitching from some of you Happy Jack mother fuckers is ridiculous. :lol: We needed help up front, we got help up front. He's young, scores goals, can play across the line, and came cheaply.

"Tomorrow I will be a new player of Newcastle and I am proud. Thanks to everyone....kisses."

kisses :lol:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly1fd558sV1rn7j4fo1_400.gif

I'd have taken this guy over Remy any time. Better player, better form and due to his existing contract much better value.

Harry's done us a favour.

Not sure about better player but certainly better value and form. Will provide competition for Shola in the right attack position.

Excellent now to sign Ba's replacement and we are looking good.

Hate to burst the bubble on what's looking like a good day, but this is Ba's replacement.

Pretty certain he's not tbh, you don't plan to spend 8m on Remy and then spend 1m on Gouffran... he's not the replacement for Ba i'm absolutely certain of it.

He's too low a profile for that, when we sell a purple we usually replace him with someone high profile. ( See Cisse, Cabaye, Santon and maybe Mbiwa)

He will add quite a lot to the team but i doubt he's Ba's replacement.

I think Madras is right though, Cisse was Ba's replacement, we probably got him in last year with an eye on Ba's release clause. Yes we were after Remy, but then when that fell through we probably allocated that money elsewhere, like M'Biwa. Gouffran might not be the long term answer but at the price he's seen as a decent bet. If he doesn't fire, we can peddle him in the summer and look again.

I'd have taken this guy over Remy any time. Better player, better form and due to his existing contract much better value.

Based on what? Have you seen much of him?

Based on what? Have you seen much of him?

Nah, not really so I'd have to concede that Carr probably knows best  ;)

I remember being impressed with Bordeaux's forward play at SJP, very fluid and good movement despite the result. Especially first half before the game was lost.

My opinion is mainly based on below article which was posted earlier about Remy. He's done less in the last two years than Shola has for us, yet wanted top player money.

Think Gouffran will be a better character and have better attitude too. We'll see.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/newcastle-united-have-done-well-to-dodge-loic-remy-s-potential-bu

Guest Slippery Sam

Ashley rolling the dice again with this signing?  He couldn't get who he wanted (the money boy who went to QPR) so he gets a body in to make up the numbers and hopes that QPR get relegated (we don't) and he gets the guy after all? Gamble, gamble.

Ashley rolling the dice again with this signing?  He couldn't get who he wanted (the money boy who went to QPR) so he gets a body in to make up the numbers and hopes that QPR get relegated (we don't) and he gets the guy after all? Gamble, gamble.

No chance we would go back in for Remy, even if QPR go down.

No chance we would go back in for Remy, even if QPR go down.

Agree 100%. We wouldn't touch him with a barge pole now.

Also, are people happy enough with Gouffran, Cisse, Ben Arfa until the end of the season, or do we need another striker?

happy with cisse/ gouffran at point (if that makes sense), with 2 from gouffran, marveaux, ben arfa, obertan to play off and support.

Also, are people happy enough with Gouffran, Cisse, Ben Arfa until the end of the season, or do we need another striker?

I would get another forward in myself, but i don't think that will happen and i think Gouffran, Mbiwa, Debuchy, Sissoko and Haidara would be enough to keep us up as well as the return to fitness of Taylor, Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Here's another one to tick off the list, this guy was clearly second choice and we've got him in :thup:

Aye. Credit where it's due, like.

I believe Carr's remit is to have at least two potential targets lined up for every position and to monitor them. We're not gonna get our first pick every time but on this occasion I definitely prefer the second pick.