Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Ba was ridiculously greedy at times mind. He'd often shoot when there was a better option to his right or left.

Most confident strikers are, and to be honest that is a good thing.

It wasn't at the times he was doing it.

If you say so. He scored a fair few goals, but hey ho..

Just like Cisse, Remy, Gouffran and Ben Arfa are not the long term answers to our CF problem i don't think Ba would be the solution either.

But with that said and while he was greedy he did score goals and without them where would we be? hate to think about it tbh.

Not sure how Ba wouldn't be the answer, he was class through the centre when he 'just' had to score goals. Would love him here now.

Who would be your idea out of interest?

He wasn't bad wide left either, where he should have played last season and we might have still had him.

Not sure how Ba wouldn't be the answer, he was class through the centre when he 'just' had to score goals. Would love him here now.

He wasn't bad wide left either, where he should have played last season and we might have still had him.

Why would playng him in a position he didn't want to play him stop him moving to a more ambitions club who were willing to pay him more? :lol:

Why would playng him in a position he didn't want to play him stop him moving to a more ambitions club who were willing to pay him more? :lol:

I don't think he would have been banging them in as much and I don't think Chelsea would have come in for him if that was the case.

I don't think he would have been banging them in as much and I don't think Chelsea would have come in for him if that was the case.

So if we pissed him off and kept him a bit shit he wouldn't have moved? I am sure there is some logic to this but I'm not smart enough to work it out.

So if we p*ssed him off and kept him a bit s*** he wouldn't have moved? I am sure there is some logic to this but I'm not smart enough to work it out.

He would only move for money and a team prepared to take a risk on his knee and he didn't seem to have clubs queuing up to do that.

That's just it i don't really have a clue who would, i'm sure its a lot easier than i'm envisioning but how many strikers around that would be available at this point?

All seem bought and paid for..... hoping we can find someone that fits the bill naturally.

That's why he sacrificed the team in order to gain personal success. He wasn't being noticed as much when on the wing, it was Cisse grabbing the headlines. We still appreciated him and could see he was putting the graft in on the wing but that wasn't keeping him happy even though we were winning matches. He knew once back up front he would score goals even if it meant the team wasn't as effective and that he would create interest for a move away for more money. We were just his stepping stone to increasing his bank balance. He didn't care what our result was, as long as he was scoring goals he was happy.

That's why he sacrificed the team in order to gain personal success. He wasn't being noticed as much when on the wing, it was Cisse grabbing the headlines. We still appreciated him and could see he was putting the graft in on the wing but that wasn't keeping him happy even though we were winning matches. He knew once back up front he would score goals even if it meant the team wasn't as effective and that he would create interest for a move away for more money. We were just his stepping stone to increasing his bank balance. He didn't care what our result was, as long as he was scoring goals he was happy.

How does a forward scoring more than 25 goals when played in his favourite position not benefit the team? Shunting Ba out wide wasn't the solution (not sure what the problem even was), bringing in a left winger was, something we have failed to do to this day.

Sure I read a stat, last night, that he hasn't had a shot in six games. Canny effort.

There's been a fair few strikers who were prolific in Holland and then struggled badly in England: Kezman, Van Wolfswinkel, Alfonso Alves........Altidore ;)

Surprised clubs keep spending huge money on them. I guess there are some obvious notable exceptions like Van Nistlerooy and Van Persie.

I'd still love RVW, i'm taking nothing away from his ability when he's got Hughton and a poor Norwich side giving him support. Serves him right for choosing that move in the first place like, awful career move.

Yeah Hughton is the reason. Maybe Pardew is the reason Cisse can't score to save his life as well?