Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Thought he was decent in the 2nd half today. Maybe I'm on my own in that opinion though :lol:

Was the first good performance I've seen from him in well, forever.

A guy tried to tell me he scored once in a while a few weeks ago on here

Good job of taking things out of context. I said he's s*** but better than Obertan.

He isn't though and no matter what context saying he scores once in a while is wrong

The formulation was poor. Happy?

Lost the ball for the opening goal and didn't even bother to try and track back or retrieve possession. I fucking hate him, I'm getting close to the point of wishing him a horrible injury so he can never waste one of our shirts again.

Lost the ball for the opening goal and didn't even bother to try and track back or retrieve possession. I fucking hate him, I'm getting close to the point of wishing him a horrible injury so he can never waste one of our shirts again.

That's the thing with him, he's always available for selection. The fucking cunt.

By far the worst player on the pitch which took some doing.

Ryan Taylor was far worse.

I disagree.

They are equally big shitpiles both of them. Just like many our other players of the present and the past it's laughable that they are called professional football players.

If there's any defence whatsoever for Gouffran, since day one he's been played completely out of position, he's a second striker and was a half decent one in France.

Becasue the lad puts a shift in, Pardew tried to turn him into a defensive winger. He can run up and down a wing a little, but can't cross, beat a man or defend. It's blatantly obvious that he's not suited to the position we're playing him in to everyone other than the fucking cretins playing him there.

Shot of confidence, playing in a piss poor team - he had the makings of a decent signing and a 3rd choice striker. Stick his name into YouTube, he used to have good movement and could finish chances playing with confidence. Embarrassing how we've turned him from decent to completely shite in 2 years.

If there's any defence whatsoever for Gouffran, since day one he's been played completely out of position, he's a second striker and was a half decent one in France.

Becasue the lad puts a shift in, Pardew tried to turn him into a defensive winger. He can run up and down a wing a little, but can't cross, beat a man or defend. It's blatantly obvious that he's not suited to the position we're playing him in to everyone other than the f***ing cretins playing him there.

Shot of confidence, playing in a p*ss poor team - he had the makings of a decent signing and a 3rd choice striker. Stick his name into YouTube, he used to have good movement and could finish chances playing with confidence. Embarrassing how we've turned him from decent to completely s**** in 2 years.

The only genuinely good moments he's had tbh were his through ball to Remy when we won 1-0 away at Spurs, and a good turn and shoot goal against Leeds (iirc?).

That open goal last minute miss against WH sums him up.

Becasue the lad puts a shift in, Pardew tried to turn him into a defensive winger. He can run up and down a wing a little, but can't cross, beat a man or defend. It's blatantly obvious that he's not suited to the position we're playing him in to everyone other than the f***ing cretins playing him there.

Shot of confidence, playing in a p*ss poor team - he had the makings of a decent signing and a 3rd choice striker. Stick his name into YouTube, he used to have good movement and could finish chances playing with confidence. Embarrassing how we've turned him from decent to completely s**** in 2 years.

The only genuinely good moments he's had tbh were his through ball to Remy when we won 1-0 away at Spurs, and a good turn and shoot goal against Leeds (iirc?).

My point being his selection in wide midfield areas as opposed to his best position has contributed massively to us not having the player Carr presumably recommended who was scoring goals for Bordeaux.

My point being his selection in wide midfield areas as opposed to his best position has contributed massively to us not having the player Carr presumably recommended who was scoring goals for Bordeaux.

I think he's forgotten how to play as a striker tbh, yesterday he was attacking the far post initially when the crosses were coming in from the left, but then he just dropped further and further back as the game went on. Pardew has drilled it into him and Carver doesn't know how to do anything different. He even uses the same shite terminology like front foot football.

I'm convinced (and not in a banter way) that we either haven't done much training since Pardew rocked up, or that our training methods consist of running around a bit for fitness, and a 20 minute 5-a-side session to go along with gym work and "match preparation". We are lacking on so many fronts, and for almost 4 years now we don't seem to have addressed any of them. Krul's kicking, set pieces, movement of the front 2 or 3, midfield shape and depth etc..etc..

It's no wonder most players have regressed under the current regime, and when you're a bang average sod like Gouffran, that regression is much more evident and damaging to the team.

By the way, he has absolutely none of attributes needed to play 'second striker' either.

Perhaps he hasn't shown them whilst being the defensive winger Pardew turned him into but they were very evident at Bordeaux...

By the way, he has absolutely none of attributes needed to play 'second striker' either.

Perhaps he hasn't shown them whilst being the defensive winger Pardew turned him into but they were very evident at Bordeaux...

Agree, I thought he looked alright before we got our hands on him.

By far the worst player on the pitch which took some doing.

Hope you enjoyed your few hours away from your lass anyway. Looked like you were all having a ball inside that stadium.

Was bloody freezing!!!

Should have watched it in a pub or at home then.

Guest TruToon94

I remember fellow fans saying that they'd rather have Gouffran than Ben Arfa because, "he puts effort in and tracks back".

Except he fucking doesn't and tomorrow is a prime example of that. Fucking useless player supported by fans who help destroy this club until it was too late and he's our only fit player! Morons.