Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Hats off to him - he's surprised me. :thup:

Ginola vs Man United for me.

Yip, thought Ginola v man United as well.

Shearer v Chelsea was way further out than that and he also backed Dessailly a good 10 yeards back as well.

For a turn yer man and shoot, Shola Vs Chelsea was pretty damn lovely. :smug:

Hats off to him - he's surprised me. :thup:

Ginola vs Man United for me.

Yip, thought Ginola v man United as well.

Shearer v Chelsea was way further out than that and he also backed Dessailly a good 10 yeards back as well.

For a turn yer man and shoot, Shola Vs Chelsea was pretty damn lovely. :smug:

Funnily enough both the Ginola ManU and Shola Chelsea goals came to mind for me.

Was an absolutely beautiful strike whatever.

He is a lot stronger than I thought when arrived, he's worked hard and done really well for us.

Not sure I would drop Cisse now he's scored though, just the feeling of heading the ball in the net must have given him a big boost.

He is a strong lad for his size, like. Knows how to use his body too.

Far better than Cisse out of the box, that's not even really up for debate.

Vs. Hull - Gouffran's link up play with Remy was 1,000x better than Cisse's and something we haven't seen for ages. Remy was leaving the ball and bombing forward and Gouffran was trying to pick him out first time in on goal. I really think we could be a much better team utilizing Gouffran's intelligence and general all-around play vs. that of Cisse's. Gouff's better pace would have had him getting to balls Cisse has missed out on in the box as well.

He is a lot stronger than I thought when arrived, he's worked hard and done really well for us.

Not sure I would drop Cisse now he's scored though, just the feeling of heading the ball in the net must have given him a big boost.

I'm starting to wonder if Pardew had ANY input in the Cisse signing. He offers so little apart from shooting on sight. Would Pardew really have looked at him and thought he could use him as a central point of attack?

I highly doubt it dude. He certainly isn't a 4-4-2 man and never in a million years was he the right partner for Ba, which even the Senegalese coach knew.

That's also true!

We really do have an odd recruitment policy..

I'm starting to wonder if Pardew had ANY input in the Cisse signing. He offers so little apart from shooting on sight. Would Pardew really have looked at him and thought he could use him as a central point of attack?

I don't think anyone could have predicted how shocking he is in every department apart from shooting on sight tbh.

Has to play, really. We'll not have much of the ball against Everton so when we do it needs to stick and Cisse is mega schizo at the moment, will bring a difficult ball down nicely, but then lose simple balls into him the next couple of times. We need relaibility and Gouf brings that, got an eye for goal atm too.

I don't think its strength so much in comparison to Cisse and Gouffran.

Its more about intelligence, technique etc etc.... his ability to create a yard for himself due to great close control is in another world compared to Cisse who struggles to escape his markers when in possession.

Although one thing is for sure no matter how strong they actually are Gouffran definitely asserts himself more, i don't necessarily think Cisse is as weak as it all seems but he doesn't really seem to assert himself properly which goes a long way in winning physical battles.

Why not? he's still using him there now, you would have thought he'd had plenty of opportunity to give Gouffran a go if he didn't rate Cisse.