The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Just wish Barca would get the ball forward a teeny weeny bit quicker.

It's great football but slightly boring.

They do. Tonight just wasn't the occasion to do so.

Guest Roger Kint

Got to give then a break they were playing against DAVID BECKHAM after all. What more could they have done? This mornings SSN wankathon almost reached 4 minutes without his name being said during the racing round up :lol:

Tbh, I didn't notice much difference between last night's performance and their usual style.

It's when they get forward into a decent position and you're thinking - go on, shoot/cross/pass etc - and then they decide that the situation isn't quite good enough and they play the ball back out again and the attack re-starts. You can't argue with their success and when they do decide to strike at a defence it's devastating. But the length of time they spend keeping the ball can be frustrating.

You get some golden moments of skill but I honestly find Arsenal more entertaining, simply because they usually shift the ball forward quicker.

I don't find Barca frustrating to watch at all really, and their style is proven to work almost every time. Sometimes it's weird when they opt to ignore a pass that a lesser player would go for, but then they hit you and it's all over.

Never seen a team I enjoy watching more.

Barca could do with Gerrard blasting it over the bar at every opportunity.

I think he's pretty good at keeping the ball down. The trajectory he gets on some of his shots can be very impressive.

We ain't never going to agree on this one.

It's really amazing the difference he makes to the Barca team, last night it was tangibly apparent when he went off the lift PSG had, they then went on to have some good chances and Barca looked pretty ordinary apart from/despite their keep ball politik.

If you swapped Messi over to Bayern/Madrid/Manu, he would make such a difference to them that you would automatically assume they would reach semis of champs league... Would be nice to have that luxury...

Real Madrid: Lopez; Essien, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao; Alonso, Khedira; Di Maria, Özil, Ronaldo; Benzema

Galatasaray: Muslera; Eboue, Kaya, Nounkeu, Riera; Altintop, Melo, Sneijder, Inan; Drogba, Yilmaz

Malaga: Caballero, Jesús Gámez, Demichelis, Weligton, Antunes; Joaquín, Iturra, Toulalan, Isco; Baptista, Saviola

Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Felipe Santana, Schmelzer; Kehl, Gündogan; Götze, Reus, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski.

Malaga: Caballero, Jesús Gámez, Demichelis, Weligton, Antunes; Joaquín, Iturra, Toulalan, Isco; Baptista, Saviola

Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Felipe Santana, Schmelzer; Kehl, Gündogan; Götze, Reus, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski.

Christ.

Christ.

Indeed :fwap: