The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I remember when Ribery and Diego were tearing the Bundesliga a 18 new ones back when Werder Bremen was a good club and was competing with Bayern. Ribery is the better player, he does more for his team and that's what it's all about. No doubt Robben has his day of sheer brilliance, but he's near his 30s and I don't see why Pep wouldn't try and cash in a bit on him as he doesn't seem like the most balanced guy either.

Basically every Bayern fan i have ever met and i have met quite a few prefer Ribery over Robben and considering their performances for Bayern over last few years i can see why.

Ribery is a key component to the team, while Robben isn't even a starter when everyone is fit.

Don't get me wrong Robben was brilliant in both games, but that hardly happens usually because he's far too easy and predictable for good defences to stop which is why he was riding the bench before Kroos got injured.

I can see why people rate Robben higher on here though.... firstly he's played in England and 2nd he's the more flashy of the two.

How ever Ribery is a lot more effective, creative and more of a team player, the mere fact he was acting as a 2nd LB at times against Barca to protect Alaba says all about his defensive ability and often takes up a different role for the sake of the team in big games.

Another thing that i think goes against Ribery on here is that he hardly performs for France, but for Bayern he's consistently one of their best players and just as highly thought of by Bayern fans as Lahm and Schweignsteiger. As mentioned before Robben is just another player to them and considering the consistency of his performances you again can see why.

Also its no coincidence to me that Robben suddenly gave his 2 performances in about 3 years when it was announced that Bayern were signing Mario Gotze which surely means unless he bucks his ideas up he's leaving.

Talent wise he maybe better than Ribery, but he has hardly showed it an talent means nothing unless you back it up against Barca he backed up but far too often he doesn't.

Who starts in front of him when everyone is fit?

Guest Open_C

The forum clearly needs to adopt Benfica as its official second team, like :)  Would probably cheer us all up a bit :lol: