The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Went to my first conference game today. Cambridge United v Grimsby. Loved it, despite being 0-0, I'll be back. The fact I remembered Jeff Whitley's elbow on Shearer helped me get into it.

They say c*** a lot more in conference crowds.

In that case you shouldnt have got into it as it was actually Justin Whittle

Went to my first conference game today. Cambridge United v Grimsby. Loved it, despite being 0-0, I'll be back. The fact I remembered Jeff Whitley's elbow on Shearer helped me get into it.

They say cunt a lot more in conference crowds.

Justin Whittle in fact. They can call both of them cunts all they want because one was shit for blunderland and the other was a no-mark Grimsby thug who hit Shearer with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. Think I hate Whittle more because he was so proud of his twattishness tbh. It's very close though. I imagine Big Al still bears the scar and would like to settle the score, I certainly would. :lol: I'm getting angry on his behalf at the memory, it was so obvious at the time.

Oh, damn, beaten to it. Must be less verbose :lol:

Justin Whittle in fact. They can call both of them cunts all they want because one was shit for blunderland and the other was a no-mark Grimsby thug who hit Shearer with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. Think I hate Whittle more because he was so proud of his twattishness tbh. It's very close though. I imagine Big Al still bears the scar and would like to settle the score, I certainly would. :lol: I'm getting angry on his behalf at the memory, it was so obvious at the time.

I was there that night, we were shit, Shearer went mental when he scored the winner iirc, smashed the TV microphone thing.

In that case you shouldnt have got into it as it was actually Justin Whittle

Aye, I just call him JW.

I was there that night, we were shit, Shearer went mental when he scored the winner iirc, smashed the TV microphone thing.

He was quite cross about his matchday experience, what with the stitches and the permanent disfigurement, iirc. :lol:

Haven't heard how Whittle's been since. Hope he's faded into obscurity other than being remembered for being a thuggish shitbag. Maybe he gets free fishguts in the Cleethorpes area. That's about what the coward deserves tbh.

Bimpy;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/manchester-united-fa-cup-live-tv

"When was the last time an FA Cup game involving Manchester United was not shown on live TV?" asks Jenny Middleton

You have to go back to 8 January 2005, when a team including Mr Shakira drew 0-0 at home to Exeter, to find the last time United played an FA Cup game that wasn't shown live. Saturday's match against Fulham will be United's 38th FA Cup tie since then; that's quite a cup run. We don't know precisely how much United have received from TV companies for all those games, but it may well have paid for Bébé.

That Exeter game is, according to our resident United cheerleader, one of only two FA Cup ties that has not been shown live since February 1998 and one of only eight out of the last 88 ties, going back to February 1993: Charlton 1993-94, Wrexham 1994-95, Sunderland 1995-96 (the first game), Reading 1995-96, Wimbledon 1996-97 (the first game), Walsall 1997-98, Aston Villa 2003-04 and Exeter 2004-05.

Justin Whittle in fact. They can call both of them c***s all they want because one was s*** for blunderland and the other was a no-mark Grimsby thug who hit Shearer with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. Think I hate Whittle more because he was so proud of his twattishness tbh. It's very close though. I imagine Big Al still bears the scar and would like to settle the score, I certainly would. :lol: I'm getting angry on his behalf at the memory, it was so obvious at the time.

I was there that night, we were s***, Shearer went mental when he scored the winner iirc, smashed the TV microphone thing.

He was quite cross about his matchday experience, what with the stitches and the permanent disfigurement, iirc. :lol:

Haven't heard how Whittle's been since. Hope he's faded into obscurity other than being remembered for being a thuggish shitbag. Maybe he gets free fishguts in the Cleethorpes area. That's about what the coward deserves tbh.

He went onto some glory days playing at semi-professional Harrogate then North Ferriby United. The highlight of his career was being a contracted player in the (Scottish) Premier League for Celtic, where he scored no goals in no appearances.

Bimpy;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/manchester-united-fa-cup-live-tv

"When was the last time an FA Cup game involving Manchester United was not shown on live TV?" asks Jenny Middleton

You have to go back to 8 January 2005, when a team including Mr Shakira drew 0-0 at home to Exeter, to find the last time United played an FA Cup game that wasn't shown live. Saturday's match against Fulham will be United's 38th FA Cup tie since then; that's quite a cup run. We don't know precisely how much United have received from TV companies for all those games, but it may well have paid for Bébé.

That Exeter game is, according to our resident United cheerleader, one of only two FA Cup ties that has not been shown live since February 1998 and one of only eight out of the last 88 ties, going back to February 1993: Charlton 1993-94, Wrexham 1994-95, Sunderland 1995-96 (the first game), Reading 1995-96, Wimbledon 1996-97 (the first game), Walsall 1997-98, Aston Villa 2003-04 and Exeter 2004-05.

Ridiculous, doesn't even make viewing sense to me. They're probably the team I least want to watch in an FA Cup game. ManU v Fulham FFS - almost every other tie would be preferable. One that doesn't involve two teams who play each other twice a season anyway!

I think Depor is taking a page from you. Five Portuguese in their starting XI plus two on the bench for them in their game against Valencia. Also a Brazilian.

Got a few on loan haven't they? I know Pizzi is on loan from Atletico, suppose it's only a Rory Delap thrown in down the coat back to Portugal from A Coruna.

I think Depor is taking a page from you. Five Portuguese in their starting XI plus two on the bench for them in their game against Valencia. Also a Brazilian.

Got a few on loan haven't they? I know Pizzi is on loan from Atletico, suppose it's only a Rory Delap thrown in down the coat back to Portugal from A Coruna.

Yeah, they have a few on loan from Sporting CP. Pizzi is on loan from Braga, you're probably thinking of Silvio.

Most of them are repped by Jorge Mendes (Cronaldo's and Mou's agent, also Falcao), whose reach in La Liga has become ubiquitous these past few years.

South America style, can see it becoming more popular as more economies/clubs struggle with financial reality. Was reading earlier Vasco have sold half of Dede's rights to a third party so he can stay with them.

Think Atletico might have signed Pizzi whilst at Depor, only reputable source I can find is this which isn't exactly clarifying - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1235758/atletico-madrid-reported-to-fifa-over-unpaid-loan-fee?cc=5739

South America style, can see it becoming more popular as more economies/clubs struggle with financial reality. Think Atletico might have signed Pizzi whilst at Depor, only reputable source I can find is this which isn't exactly clarifying - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1235758/atletico-madrid-reported-to-fifa-over-unpaid-loan-fee?cc=5739

Just checked; they seem to have. He barely played during his loan and he was ineffectual when he did, so they have no reason for having bought him; immensely shady. :lol:

EDIT: €13,5m and repped by Mendes. Yeah, nothing suspicious in this. Nothing at all.

Justin Whittle in fact. They can call both of them c***s all they want because one was s*** for blunderland and the other was a no-mark Grimsby thug who hit Shearer with a cheap shot when he wasn't looking. Think I hate Whittle more because he was so proud of his twattishness tbh. It's very close though. I imagine Big Al still bears the scar and would like to settle the score, I certainly would. :lol: I'm getting angry on his behalf at the memory, it was so obvious at the time.

I was there that night, we were s***, Shearer went mental when he scored the winner iirc, smashed the TV microphone thing.

He went onto some glory days playing at semi-professional Harrogate then North Ferriby United. The highlight of his career was being a contracted player in the (Scottish) Premier League for Celtic, where he scored no goals in no appearances.

:lol: Still disappointed someone paid him for existing.

Some chicken-counting going on IMO.

You have taken my words and said them in my place. We've picked up 8 points in fourteen matches since the middle of November. If lose the next match, Aston -25 goal differential Villa will overtake us. Everyone should calm down.

But that's a big if, they've really hit rock bottom and we should be buoyed going into this match with our new signings and more importantly, Williamson nowhere near the team. I think we have every right to be confident going into this game, albeit with a modicum of caution.