The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

For me they're one or two players away from being a lot worse. If that makes any sense. They should be as vulnerable to regression as they are ripe for improvement.

Could say that about quite a few teams in the division tbh.

True, I just think it's easy to say that Spurs are on an inevitable upward trajectory. They are doing well obviously, and deserve credit for it.

Guest neesy111

If they lose Bale then they clearly need to replace him unlike this season where they lost Modric.

If they lose Bale then they clearly need to replace him unlike this season where they lost Modric.

Is he replaceable though? What they'd basically be looking for is a player who's good enough to win them the majority of their games on his own. Not easy to find.

Guest neesy111

Is he replaceable though? What they'd basically be looking for is a player who's good enough to win them the majority of their games on his own. Not easy to find.

True, but they could buy 2 - 3 very good players with what they get for him to strengthen other positions?

True, but they could buy 2 - 3 very good players with what they get for him to strengthen other positions?

Yeah, that's probably what they should/will do, but overall it might mean they collect the same or probably even less points than with Bale. Long term it might be better for them I guess.

Guest Slippery Sam

people in astronaut suits at Villa Park with a sign saying "Benteke is out of this world"

Wut.

Brummie and his mrs.