The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest palnese

Saw a fair bit of the Villa game. City didn't look committed at all. It's a shame to see what should be an excellent side playing like they don't care.

They haven't got much to play for.

Guest Slippery Sam

The astronauts were great. :lol: The general absurdity of the situation with a fairly crap sign greatly amused me.

Rumours that there's no atmosphere at Villa Park are....

*chortle chortle*

Tonight's match is one of those that can't fail to be anything other than brilliant for me. For all it's foibles and playing it's part in the general ruining of top level football I do love games like these in the Champions League. Fuck knows who'll go through like although with Barca liable to go out there's a fair chance the winner of this can claim themselves to be favourite for the cup.

So excited for tonight. The tie is beautifully poised, there'll be goals and there's so many big personalities involved (Mourinho, Sir Alex, Ronaldo, Rooney). Could be an iconic match, fingers crossed.

Bayern are better than both of them.

Yep.

Then it's the winner of this tie, Juve and probably Dortmund.

Precisely although i'm quite intrigued to see how Milan deal with teams with significantly more width and direct styles.

Should they get through of course.

So excited for tonight. The tie is beautifully poised, there'll be goals and there's so many big personalities involved (Mourinho, Sir Alex, Ronaldo, Rooney). Could be an iconic match, fingers crossed.

Yup. If we get something half as good as the 4-3, I'll be happy. Really hope this doesn't disappoint. Neither team will be interested in defending, surely there'll be plenty of goals?

Haha you big gay...

So am I like, can't wait :blush:

Yup. If we get something half as good as the 4-3, I'll be happy. Really hope this doesn't disappoint. Neither team will be interested in defending, surely there'll be plenty of goals?

I would of thought both teams will be overly occupied with defending. Can see it being quite cagey. An early goal will go down a treat, preferably to Madrid. Not sure who I'd prefer to progress either, naturally I dislike Man United but seeing Mourinho failing is equally as amusing and I think Madrid have a far better chance of going all the way than Man United should they progress.

I would of thought both teams will be overly occupied with defending. Can see it being quite cagey.

At home in this game, I really can't see Man Utd actively thinking the best way to get through is to keep a clean sheet. Real obviously need a goal - I can perhaps see them being a bit cagey if they go 1-0 up. But then again that would bring Man Utd out. There's the danger of having inflated expectations about this game but although I don't think we'll get another 4-3 for example, I'd be surprised if we don't see a few goals and some class play.