The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Yeah i knew it was bad but not that bad, none the less i can't even blame the refs they are just simply enforcing the rules put down by the RFEF.

Do you have a source for that stat, by the way? I'd love to take it to the Spanish forum I post in and spark some debate.

Nah i just assumed like most governing bodies the rules are handed down by the governing bodies and its up to the refs to enforce the rules how they see fit.

I suppose you would have to go through the rulebook to find out, i doubt the difference in yellow cards are due to the refs solely there has to be a difference in ruling to the other major leagues for that drastic a difference.

Yeah i knew it was bad but not that bad, none the less i can't even blame the refs they are just simply enforcing the rules put down by the RFEF.

Do you have a source for that stat, by the way? I'd love to take it to the Spanish forum I post in and spark some debate.

Nah i just assumed like most governing bodies the rules are handed down by the governing bodies and its up to the refs to enforce the rules how they see fit.

I suppose you would have to go through the rulebook to find out, i doubt the difference in yellow cards are due to the refs solely there has to be a difference in ruling to the other major leagues for that drastic a difference.

Our refereeing committee passes down a series of rules "interpretations" every season. The most significant change this year, for example, is the punishment for manager dissent, which is now much harsher.

As I said the source of having so many cards for handballs is that our refereeing committee considers them unsporting behavior, and that a player deliberately extending his arms when the ball is near him is deliberately putting himself at risk of a handball and shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt. If the ball is coming at you, you should keep your arms to your torso.

To be honest, I think our interpretation isn't that baseless. What's deliberate and what's not is very hard to judge, and it's hard enough for refs to spot the actual offences without deciding if they were deliberate or not. Our committe just assumes the worst. I just think the amount of cards is silly and should be limited to when the handball stops a dangerous play. Having people being sent off for handballs in midfield is just stupid.

Our refereeing committee passes down a series of rules "interpretations" every season. The most significant change this year, for example, is the punishment for manager dissent, which is now much harsher.

As I said the source of having so many cards for handballs is that our refereeing committee considers them unsporting behavior, and that a player deliberately extending his arms when the ball is near him is deliberately putting himself at risk of a handball and shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt. If the ball is coming at you, you should keep your arms to your torso.

To be honest, I think our interpretation isn't that baseless. What's deliberate and what's not is very hard to judge, and it's hard enough for refs to spot the actual offences without deciding if they were deliberate or not. Our committe just assumes the worst. I just think the amount of cards is silly and should be limited to when the handball stops a dangerous play. Having people being sent off for handballs in midfield is just stupid.

:thup: Honestly i don't have a problem with blatant handballs being carded as they should be, but its when i see people getting card for what i consider ball to hand rather than hand to ball which are obviously not intended is when the problem arises.

But it all depends how the ref sees it and quite feasibly you could see refs giving yellows still for accidental handballs which is wrong IMO.

Its a difficult thing to judge honestly.

"Atletico" is fine, it just does my head in when people write "athletico"; I have no way to know which team they are talking about; Atlético de Madrid or Athletic de Bilbao :lol:

Aaah sorry somehow never picked up on the missing 'h'  :lol:

Just saw a headline there that Rodgers is disappointed with his young players after yesterday's defeat. What about all of the more experienced players you had playing who done absolutely nothing?

Just saw a headline there that Rodgers is disappointed with his young players after yesterday's defeat. What about all of the more experienced players you had playing who done absolutely nothing?

Taking a leaf out of Pardews book of bad management.

Can see Robinson getting dropped and fined for telling lord Suarez to fuck off. Lord Suarez who was shite all game and since he's the second coming should have had a boat load against Oldham, even without using his hands.

Borini and Henderson were rather anonymous too.

I find it an easy cop out, especially as most of the players on the pitch would be first choice.

As you've alluded to it was like when Pardew blamed our defeat to Stevenage on Krul.

Sampdorias Mauro Icardi scored 4 against Pescara yesterday!! Saw him couple weeks ago scoring 2 at juve away. What a cracking kid he is!! Santon bring him over ffs!

Borini and Henderson were rather anonymous too.

I find it an easy cop out, especially as most of the players on the pitch would be first choice.

As you've alluded to it was like when Pardew blamed our defeat to Stevenage on Krul.

It's also a way of implying that he played a much weakened side (in which case whose fault was that, Brendan?) so that the defeat isn't seen as such a damaging blow.

The reality is Liverpool played a very strong strong team and Oldham stuck 3 past them. Blaming young players is a really desperate measure in my book, because countless older players played shite. Similarly to Redknapp, it's completing deflecting blame - at least publicly - away from the manager. Because of course, a manager has absolutely nothing to do with their side getting beat by a team 2 divisions below them.

Good work from Toon loanee Conor Newton for St Mirren's shock early goal against Celtic in the Scottish League Cup semi.

Was at hampden for that game. I've had a soft spot for St Mirren for many years. Traveled up expecting a hiding from Celtic,  but went anyway as it was a national semi final. Fantastic game and outcome.  Won't be at the final as it clashes with the toon game at Wigan unfortunately but come on the saints.  I like Newton.  Always plays the simple pass.