The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I don't think they were unlucky against Madrid like. For all Ferguson continually proves himself to be one of the best in the history of the sport, he was ruthlessly out-managed that night at Old Trafford. Mourinho exploited his foibles perfectly and Madrid were deserved winners, in spite of the contentious red.

Mourinho and Madrid's players admitted it themselves, red card or not they were comfortable and they were going through almost certainly.

They didn't come close to being under pressure until the red card.

Not sure how he was ruthlessly out managed either tbh, they were beaten by a team who took advantage of an extra man but before that didn't look like doing anything.

I don't think they were unlucky against Madrid like. For all Ferguson continually proves himself to be one of the best in the history of the sport, he was ruthlessly out-managed that night at Old Trafford. Mourinho exploited his foibles perfectly and Madrid were deserved winners, in spite of the contentious red.

Mourinho and Madrid's players admitted it themselves, red card or not they were comfortable and they were going through almost certainly.

Not sure how he was ruthlessly out managed either tbh, they were beaten by a team who took advantage of an extra man but before that didn't look like doing anything.

:thup:

The respective decisions from either manager after the red card saw the game won. Sure, it's a luxury having Modric on the bench, but Mourinho was absolutely cut-throat in the way he exploited the advantage.

Mourinho and Dalglish had the better of Sir Alex until they got bored and moved on.

Moved on to finishing below him?

Alex won his first title with Man Utd after Dalglish resigned.

Did he win the battle of supremacy over Dalglish's Blackburn? Again, no. Dalglish left again.

Did Alex really best Mourinho - who waltzed in and won two titles on the trot - or did Mourinho just get sick of Abramovich's meddling?

How are Man U doing so well without a tackle in the middle of the park?

They retain the ball and constantly attack...

they press the player with the ball, make him hurry his release, rather than fly in giving free kicks away?

they press the player with the ball, make him hurry his release, rather than fly in giving free kicks away?

Nah you're both wrong. They want it more. They just want it.

Nah you're both wrong. They want it more. They just want it.

You guys are idiots. You need a tackle.

As fantastic as Ferguson is i really do get the feeling his team is underrated in general.

Carrick and Cleverly are very good, anyone who says other wise is blinded by hatred of the club same goes for Rafeal, Evans, Welbeck etc etc

Of course Rooney and RVP are very good, they are just not flashy but the players themselves are clearly very good.

They were very unlucky to not knock Madrid out and you don't do that unless you have players of a certain quality.

I do think some of those players are a little underrated but I also look at the squad and despite having a few top class players it still doesn't look that amazing  :undecided:

He continually gets the best out of players who wouldn't be up to it in any other shirt. If they'd sold Darren Fletcher five years ago back when he was playing 30 league games a season, who would have bought him? Certainly not Chelsea, or Arsenal, or Liverpool (as was), he'd have gone to some mid-table dross like us, like we bought Smith off the back of a MOTM performance in midfield in the CL semi final then he rocked up and could barely kick a ball. Cleverly wouldn't get a sniff of a game for anyone in the top four now but when he puts that red shirt on, he just clicks. I mean John O'Shea ffs.

He's not perfect though - even he couldn't train Obertan up to do anything other than trip over his own feet.

That's why England are so consistently toss - they pick Man Utd players because they think they're better than the others but without that extra Fergie percentage, Carrick/Cleverly and the likes look lost.

As fantastic as Ferguson is i really do get the feeling his team is underrated in general.

Carrick and Cleverly are very good, anyone who says other wise is blinded by hatred of the club same goes for Rafeal, Evans, Welbeck etc etc

Of course Rooney and RVP are very good, they are just not flashy but the players themselves are clearly very good.

They were very unlucky to not knock Madrid out and you don't do that unless you have players of a certain quality.

I do think some of those players are a little underrated but I also look at the squad and despite having a few top class players it still doesn't look that amazing  :undecided:

He continually gets the best out of players who wouldn't be up to it in any other shirt. If they'd sold Darren Fletcher five years ago back when he was playing 30 league games a season, who would have bought him? Certainly not Chelsea, or Arsenal, or Liverpool (as was), he'd have gone to some mid-table dross like us, like we bought Smith off the back of a MOTM performance in midfield in the CL semi final then he rocked up and could barely kick a ball. Cleverly wouldn't get a sniff of a game for anyone in the top four now but when he puts that red shirt on, he just clicks. I mean John O'Shea ffs.

He's not perfect though - even he couldn't train Obertan up to do anything other than trip over his own feet.

He also has a constant core of English and British players so therefore they must be over analysed and highlighted as being poorer than they are at every opportunity. See Carrick, Michael for a perfect example.

Twat he may be but Ferguson is astonishing. Continually bucks the trend of what modern football expects the top sides to be doing. Imagine a title winning team in any other side in any other top league with a 40 year old bloke and a lightweight passer in central midfield for God's sake. Love how he's never been interested in a pure defensive midfielder whilst the rest of the league/rest of Europe consider it a pre-requisite,

Their midfield is miles behind Barca, Bayern etc and it will continue to cost them in Europe until they address it.

Yeah, Ferguson does proportional praise. Begrudging and deserved well done for their twentieth title, but Man Utd are very much the default champions in the absence of an actual decent/consistent team this year. The real credit for their twentieth title should go to the groundwork they've laid in days gone by - the psychological advantage they have over most teams in the league is staggering. Oodles of cheap goals against defences scared shitless of Cronaldo, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy and Cole - when they're up against the likes of Carrick, Cleverley and Young (I'm not saying the latter are outright shit, but they're nothing to be shit-your-pants scared of).

I don't like Spurs usually, but I like how fearless they've been about going up against the bigger sides. They more than anyone else probably should have the biggest complex about facing Man Utd but their 3-2 win earlier in the season was fantastic. Very envious.

The majority of the rest of the league have been so gutless when facing Man Utd. Even in this season of comebacks for Man Utd, teams have taken the lead against an ageing Rio Ferdinand and various Vidic stand-ins who aren't up to scratch, but ceded the momentum back to Man Utd from kick off. Impressive groundwork from Ferguson. The berating of referees, angry interviews etc all make a difference. Teams often play well below their level when they face Man Utd. Something you don't see as often in Europe, where teams often maintain their regular composure. This Man Utd side is comparatively weak, unable to compete in any real sense of the world with Europe's elite.

:thup:

Really is amazing what he gets from players.

Scholes retired and comes back when they are a bit short.

I remember Inter being linked to Giggs for big money when he was about 31, I thought it was too big an offer to turn down. 8/9 years later he is contributing to Man Utd winning another title  :blush:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are they singing 'He'll eat who he wants, he'll eat who he wants - Luis Suarez, he'll eat who he wants"?  :lol:

on the verge of a 20th PL title and they're sat in silence, looking like they want the world to end.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if the world ended just around Old Trafford like.