The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

And who sits in the throne when Messi is injured?

The court's buffoon, Cesc Fàbregas. To this day I still wonder why Spain or us use him in that role.

But yeah, that's what I meant with my posts, we need to be more flexible. A pundit compared it to a drug, we're so fucking addicted to Messi that the team plays as in a drug withdrawal when he's not there.

Barcelona should sign Falcao/Cavani and make Messi a wide forward again.

He'd still run the show, cut inside and score bucketloads whilst also having another world class goalscorer, so wouldn't be as reliant.

The current forwards, Messi aside, aren't good enough for the club to become the top team in Europe again.

I don't mind it as much; it's an option, and we've used it this year with Villa central and Messi wide (against Milan at home, for example). The problem is that Villa aside, who's on pretty erratic form, we don't have any other player that's comfortable in the box, or running into it. Loads of times Messi drops deep and creates stuff for Iniesta or Alexis to sky it, or for nobody to make a run to create space.

Most annoying thing in football, aside from diving, is watching Barcelona work their way into good positions on the flanks and not have a single person in the box.

Pardew?

What's the best result for us tonight then?

Stoke win

Aye. Preferably in double figures! With half the mackems being sent off for fighting amongst themselves and Tony Pulis punching Di Canio in the throat.

What's the best result for us tonight then?

Stoke win

Too right. Best result for everyone in the relegation fight.

Lose that one after last week's drubbing and Sunderland's morale will be on the floor.