Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm very happy about us signing him (if it goes through) but it wont matter much unless we get a top quality CB and LB. I can wait for a new LB if it means Willems in january ;) Surely we could find a LB on loan until january or whatever..

It will decide our season..

Cabella really was excellent in France, but he was in a system built around his talents. Montpellier got a lot of bodies forward on the counter and their play was built around a lot of one-touch passing with players very close to one another. Cabella was the centre of all that, with a lot of key passes, chances created and goals. He's a system player in this league, he's not got the physicality to be a maverick/individual here. Would be nice to see if he can prosper under better coaching.

He's got the tools to be a very useful player on the continent where defenders don't clean you out along with the ball, he's clearly a gifted player. He's not going to get that luxury in the premier though. That was one of the strengths of HBA in that although he was a flair player, he was strong on the ball and tough to go with it. Just not much of a team man, or at least not with the players who counted.

Guest reefatoon

We all know we need a cb and a lb, but do we have to moan about new signings that aren't defenders? We might be shipping in loads of goals but we are also s*** going forward, so players are needed up top in the middle and defence.

The negativity has really dumbfounded me  :lol:

We were denied the thrill of watching Ben Arfa by a complete charlatan, and now it seems we are correcting that, people are complaining about a "volatile" French winger  :lol:

The negativity has really dumbfounded me  :lol:

We were denied the thrill of watching Ben Arfa by a complete charlatan, and now it seems we are correcting that, people are complaining about a "volatile" French winger  :lol:

Think it's because he looks like he needs a slarrrrrrp!

I don't get the negativity like :lol:

When we were linked to him 2 years ago people were wanking themselves daft.

When he was at his best, and before we really knew him as quite the prick. He's a risk for a few reasons. I'd say it's not as much negativity as it is caution. Remember really wanting him myself back then, purely based on hype and clips. Would still love it if he came and got back to his prime. No denying his potential.

Absolutely no objections whatsoever to signing Thauvin, if it happens obviously, we need as many talented players as possible to select from in the final third. Another player who creates and/or scores goals will always be welcome.The only frustration comes from the fact we're a pulled hamstring from being forced to pick Williamson. The positives he would bring would be immediately negated before the ink on the teamsheet is dry if we're still picking the players who have let the club down countless times in the past.

Even if we sign Abdennour they'll be serial whingers complaining of his lack of experience at a top level.

CL quarter final experience isn't enough for me mate, needs to show his worth against Leicester City.

Is that supposed to be funny as it's quite true ?