Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We love a French winger us like.

Hope he is more Daveed than Gabriel.

There's actually something about his play that reminds me of Ginola, an elegance. Wears #14 as well. Can't do that here though. God I hate Obertan.

Would this be bye bye Moussa ?

Doubt it, SM has been loving Moussa recently in interviews and phone ins.

We know that counts for little. Can't see Thauvin being brought in as a squad player so, assuming we aren't going 4-4-2, he'll play wide right of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 and I don't think Moussa would cut it in the two. fwiw I do see Wijnaldum dropping into the two when he's up to speed with the premiership and De Jong is fit.

We know that counts for little. Can't see Thauvin being brought in as a squad player so, assuming we aren't going 4-4-2, he'll play wide right of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 and I don't think Moussa would cut it in the two. fwiw I do see Wijnaldum dropping into the two when he's up to speed with the premiership and De Jong is fit.

Could see Sissoko taking the advanced CM spot through the middle and Wijnaldum dropping in with Anita. Thauvin wide right, Aarons wife left when he loses patience with Obertan.

Could be very effective.

Could see Sissoko taking the advanced CM spot through the middle and Wijnaldum dropping in with Anita. Thauvin wide right, Aarons wife left when he loses patience with Obertan.

Could be very effective.

Depending on how wide/narrow Thauvin and Aaarons play, that could be very effective indeed. They'll need to mix it up depending on who's up front.

Could be very effective.

We should probably play Aarons first, before we start giving his wife games.

Could be very effective.

McClaren did mention that he's best in a B2B midfield role, maybe he was just playing him on the right until he got someone he trusted to play there :dontknow:

Still thoroughly pissed that it would mean Obertan starting games though :lol:

I know he has no control over transfers. But the way he was talking was that he had no doubt about him staying, plus links to him leaving have died down a lot recently.

Could be very effective.

McClaren did mention that he's best in a B2B midfield role, maybe he was just playing him on the right until he got someone he trusted to play there :dontknow:

Still thoroughly p*ssed that it would mean Obertan starting games though :lol:

If that is so, then what stops him playing Obertan right and Aarons left? Is Aarons really THAT raw?

Could be very effective.

Still thoroughly p*ssed that it would mean Obertan starting games though :lol:

If that is so, then what stops him playing Obertan right and Aarons left? Is Aarons really THAT raw?

An assumption on my part more than anything, nothing really stops him from doing that.

Could be very effective.

We should probably play Aarons first, before we start giving his wife games.

:bluestar:

Can't say I'm happy about this. Give Cabella a chance when fit and use him in a system that will suit him under coaches who know what they're doing.

By most accounts Thauvin has had a very poor past 2-3 seasons so I'm not sure why on earth this makes him worth a 12m fee. Seems to me we're paying money for a player we don't really need and is no better than what we already have.

Other than Aaron's We haven't got a winger man :lol:

Guys, Aarons will be used off the bench. Deal with it. We always wanted a better bench right? There you have it. Aaron's and Perez will come off it.

Would actually help if we had better players starting, because right now we don't. :lol:

Yeah, clearly. However if we get what we seem to be after I think that's what will happen.

Could be very effective.

Would you not want someone with more of and eye for goal than Moussa to feed off Mitrovic ?

I'll believe this when I see it but I'm gutted Cabella isn't going to be a given a proper chance. He's been chronically misused in the awful long ball shit we've seen under Pardew and Carver. I'm convinced he'd have proven his worth in this new set-up.

Thing is, how many times has Thauvin turned us down? I'm extremely reserved about a player who's expressed such reticence at joining us. I also don't think we should be throwing Cabella in with the deal (loan or permanent). He's not even had a run of 5 consecutive games, he needs time and games to adapt because I think there's a player there.