Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is, <b>how many times has Thauvin turned us down?</b> I'm extremely reserved about a player who's expressed such reticence at joining us. I also don't think we should be throwing Cabella in with the deal (loan or permanent). He's not even had a run of 5 consecutive games, he needs time and games to adapt because I think there's a player there.

Once

It's been more than that. I count at least 3.

I hope this guy is worth the money because defence is our biggest problem and unless we get another striker we are not going to be able to score enough to win points...Thauvin MIGHT be a good player, but he's a luxury unless we stop goals going in at the back.

If this signing does go through I'm taking it as a sign that there is still more money available for transfers in more pressing areas. I can't believe that for our final signing we'd look at what we need and then sign a moody, erratic winger for a pot of money and think job done.

Proper head-scratcher this one. Unless Cabella is really gagging for the exit door I'd probably rather keep him. As others have said, he hasn't really been given too much of a chance however despite this, he has shown some potential and at least gas some idea of what playing in this league is like. Thauvin will be coming in from scratch and will doubtless take 6 months to a season to really get going.

And if Cabella is really that desperate, I don't see why we can't insist on cash up front as well, or a "loan swap" agreement with option to buy next year, to allow us to spend the money where it is really, badly needed on a left back or commanding centre back (I know, I know)

Us signing a winger has nothing to do with us signing a defender.

We either want another defender or we don't. Thauvin has nothing to do with it.

Also Cabella is not a winger so it's not a case of Thauvin vs Cabella. The latter is not getting in the centre ahead of Wijnaldum, De Jong, Perez or Sissoko.

Us signing a winger has nothing to do with us signing a defender.

We either want another defender or we don't. Thauvin has nothing to do with it.

Also Cabella is not a winger so it's not a case of Thauvin vs Cabella. The latter is not getting in the centre ahead of Wijnaldum, De Jong, Perez or Sissoko.

O0 Agree and we need a defenders for CB and LB or we are fucked