Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too soon to pass a meaningful judgment on Thauvin yet....when he has been at the club for 3 months we might get a better idea how valuable he will be - or otherwise.

He is still finding his feet in a new  country and a league which is much tougher to play in although that doesn't seem to have affected Martial's start with Man U.

Time will tell.

I've heard this a lot but the thing is he wasn't good in France either lately

Shearer's comments are really embarrassing in my opinion.

The least of my concerns with Thauvin so far is how much he's tracking back!

Crazy remark from Shearer really. Unfortunately, quite typical of what is said when a foreigner struggles.

I think I love this guy already, like. Blatantly getting a bit of a kick out of winding mongs up with the tux pics.:lol:

tbf - i think he needs to learn that there is a defensive side of the game too. Not saying he needs to be a second LB like jonas was.

At the moment we need all players to fight 100% - thats the way out of this poor run. But i was not really happy to see obertan come on instead of him against Chelsea.

Lamela looked quite poor when he first joined Spurs, and he has improved significantly I think, and is beginning to come along for them.

Thauvin will be fine. Could have done without being thrown straight into the team IMO. He'll be good once he settles a bit. especially if Perez and Mitrovic are on the pitch with him.

If only he'd beat a man within 2 minutes of coming on in his first appearance.

Was that the time said man  caught up with him immediately after then dispossessed him?

Err no..  It was against Man Utd surely, when he beat Shaw who then had to pull him down as he went past him.

Lamela looked quite poor when he first joined Spurs, and he has improved significantly I think, and is beginning to come along for them.

Thauvin will be fine. Could have done without being thrown straight into the team IMO. He'll be good once he settles a bit. especially if Perez and Mitrovic are on the pitch with him.

Lamela played like 3 league games in his first season.

I'm not judging his long-term ability as i've only seen a few games. All I know is that he's been genuinely poor in those few games. And his reputation in France isn't comforting.

If only he'd beat a man within 2 minutes of coming on in his first appearance.

Was that the time said man  caught up with him immediately after then dispossessed him?

Err no..  It was against Man Utd surely, when he beat Shaw who then had to pull him down as he went past him.

Pull him down? I recall Shaw winning the ball fairly. He's flopped an enormous amount of take-ons in few games is my undeniable. Best thing is that he's attempted them.

He had a good break out season, but has done nothing since. You could say he had a 6 month purple patch. I'm not one to write players off, but I think we massively overpaid for this guy.

Along similar lines, just seen the following on newsnow ...

"One of the reasons we suffered in possession terms against Bournemouth last week was the failure of Bojan, Marko Arnautovic and Xherdan Shaqiri to work as a unit off the ball.

When Jon Walters was closing down their centre halves, we didn't see those three working to fill gaps and block channels to try and funnel the play where we wanted.

I'd make a big change for the game at Villa.

Whether he's fit or not, I'd take Shaqiri out of the team because I just don't think he's performing.

I don't care how much we paid for him, you can't have too many players failing to pull their weight off the ball, particularly away from home.

I would shift Walters wide right in his place and bring Peter Crouch into attack.

I just feel you need that longer ball outlet Crouch gives you, while his ability to hold up the play and bring others into the game gives you another option going forward."

Got to give these guys time man. Especially when the alternative is Walters out wide and Crouch upfront! My goodness.