Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Can't believe he didn't give him a run-out with 20 to go.

Why? We were doing fine going forward with what we had. Who would you have subbed for him? Sissoko on the right set up pretty much every goal and Gini on the left scored pretty much every goal.  There was absolutely no need for Thauvin to be on the pitch.

Agree with others saying he should have come on.  Cisse was a pointless sub.  A useless sack of shit, who is past it, hasn't been interested in God knows how long and is more than likely off in the not too distant future.  Or a young player you have just invested £12m in.  You go with the latter every time, surely?  Shouldn't have been Cisse on 88 mins.  Should have been Thauvin on 70-75. 

Guest reefatoon

In all fairness though, Thauvin has looked worse than Cisse has in previous games.  I think it's a good idea to let the lad have a bit of a break, hopefully that will get him up to scratch and champing at the bit to play.  Let's not rush him as he doesn't look ready yet.

Yesterday seemed like the perfect chance to give him a run out and boost his confidence, especially given how the game was wide open in the last 20 minutes. Still, not going to complain given how things played out.

In all fairness though, Thauvin has looked worse than Cisse has in previous games.  I think it's a good idea to let the lad have a bit of a break, hopefully that will get him up to scratch and champing at the bit to play.  Let's not rush him as he doesn't look ready yet.

I just didn't get what we were going to gain from Cisse, even for 5 minutes.  If Mitro needed to come off.  Maybe even do it on 80 and not 88.  Bring on Thauvin, or even De Jong.  Cisse was that embarrassing at West Ham and looks so half arsed.  I'd be happy if he never plays for us again. 

Although, being a typical, fickle football fan.  If he scores the winner on Sunday.  I might change my mind....

Im sure McClaren would (if he could) have given time to De Jong and Thauvin as well. I hoped for it.

But he needed to sub both Dummett and Tiote - both just came back from injury. So it was positive they got time as well.

As long as Cisse is second choice on top he needs to feel loved as well. Can´t complain to much about that.

Im sure McClaren would (if he could) have given time to De Jong and Thauvin as well. I hoped for it.

But he needed to sub both Dummett and Tiote - both just came back from injury. So it was positive they got time as well.

As long as Cisse is second choice on top he needs to feel loved as well. Can´t complain to much about that.

Fair point, there was no 'harm' in bringing Cisse on I suppose, the game was over.

I think we had a good window, we just had a lot of gaps to fill and didn't quite manage them all. REALLY hope we beat Sunderland so confidence can continue to rise. Then it'll be no problem bring Thauvin back in.

Yes, exactly. Shame we don't have a really good DM, as we could have then eventually slot Sissoko alongside, and Thauvin could be deployed on the right in time.

We really need to get a DM and CB in January.

I think we had a good window, we just had a lot of gaps to fill and didn't quite manage them all. REALLY hope we beat Sunderland so confidence can continue to rise. Then it'll be no problem bring Thauvin back in.

Yes, exactly. Shame we don't have a really good DM, as we could have then eventually slot Sissoko alongside, and Thauvin could be deployed on the right in time.

We really need to get a DM and CB in January.

We need a LB and a Keeper as well.

Still my biggest concern this lad.

[emoji38] then you're not paying attention

In terms of our new signings. Worst reputation. Extremely poor in the PL so far.

I'm fairly confident he'd have been decent yesterday in a game like that which was more open. He's never played when anyone else has played well either yet from what I can see, McClaren had dropped him in shit a bit as well.

LB is a tough one. Thing that might have to wait. Haidarra, Dummet and Mbabu will do.

The priorities have to be CB and DM, and then yes, another keeper on loan perhaps.

Yep, we definitely won't sign an LB. If anything, an RB is a bigger priority anyway.

Only had 15 minutes with Mitrovic. No time at all with Mitrovic and Perez as a pair.

2 starts with Cisse.

Poor f***er

:lol: yup. Pretty much my feeling on the matter. Also how I feel about De Jong and all.

Refuse to judge anyone that had to be up there alongside Cisse. The man has been a joke.