Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obligation to buy would suggest he's a goner, as even if it's a 'play a certain number of games' clause he's been first choice for them. Can't remember who reported the obligation part mind.

NUFC reported it

Have they made it permanent already though?

I thought after so many games he was their's?

Carr should be sacked for this debacle.

Seems pretty innocuous given we've managed to get him out and get our money back.

To me, it is the epitome of his signings and shows his methods are floored.

A player who is obviously very talented but just cannot adapt his game to the Premier League - same as Cabella.

That should have came across if the scouting was good enough.

Carr should be sacked for this debacle.

Seems pretty innocuous given we've managed to get him out and get our money back.

we got our money back? says nothing of the sort in the article.

Carr should be sacked? Give over man! His job is to find quality players. Thauvin has got obvious quality. It hasn't worked out for him here because he didn't want to play for us and we threw money at him to get him here. Unsurpsingly he's showing his quality in an environment he wants to be in.

The transfer has been a disaster for a number of reasons but you certainly can't blame the scout for that.

Guest neesy111

Carr should be sacked? Give over man! His job is to find quality players. Thauvin has got obvious quality. It hasn't worked out for him here because he didn't want to play for us and we threw money at him to get him here. Unsurpsingly he's showing his quality in an environment he wants to be in.

The transfer has been a disaster for a number of reasons but you certainly can't blame the scout for that.

Yes you can.

Guest neesy111

The defence people give Carr is terrible.  He's one of the big reasons we got relegated, signed players for his own personal good imo, look at how many players went through the same agency in France.

Yes you can.

Of course he's to blame. It was his job (given to him by the owner) to find players who are going to look good enough to increase their value. He clearly wasn't suited to this league or our style of play, so we shouldn't have been anywhere near him.

I haven't read it, someone just said we get what we paid for him.

Which is incorrect.

I stand corrected. Bloody fan information.

Who decided to go mental chasing and paying Thauvin loads of money when he clearly didn't want to come? If that's Carr then he should take the blame obviously. But it wasn't bad scouting to identify Thauvin as a talented player necessarily.

I'm don't think Carr is immune from blame - the Cabella and Rivière transfers were dreadful.

Mark Douglas on twitter is talking about the Thauvin transfer to a few fans - Taylor&Besty etc - they're basically saying good player - it didn't work out for here and it's a shame.

I don't get why more people don't have this perspective. There isn't a witch hunt to be had for this one.

The defence people give Carr is terrible.  He's one of the big reasons we got relegated, signed players for his own personal good imo, look at how many players went through the same agency in France.

There is a lot of truth in the agency links being questionable, no doubt. But overall I think there are only a couple of players who have been genuinely useless, most either just couldn't handle coming into such a toxic situation or were jettisoned without a fair chance by shit managers.

I don't have any agenda to defend Carr BTW, couldn't care less about the guy. I just think most of the players have been decent given his remit.

Surely part the scout's remit is to not only identify talent, but whether the player would be keen to join the club at all?

Yep, fair point. Like I said above, if Carr forced the issue then he should take the blame.

It's another one of these debates I can't believe I got involved in!