Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think blame should be apportioned to both sides.  Not sure if it would be an equal share, but both sides have fucked up big time.  The club were stupid enough to pursue a player, who wasn't in any sort of form, looked unsuited to English football and allegedly wasn't even keen on coming here.  Certainly looks to be the case, TBH. 

McClaren has then barely played the bloke.  After it has become apparent that we have slightly better options in front of him and after he's not really shown a great deal when he's actually had the chance. 

He then gets some stick off the fans at Watford.  There's supposedly a bit of a fallout, Thauvin goes crying back to OM, asking them to take him back.  It doesn't sound like there were any discussions to reconcile their differences, or much of a fight to keep him.  Thauvin is just as guilty of deciding he's had enough so early on in his career here.  We then go and spend ANOTHER £12m on Townsend.  Thauvin fucks off home.

What. A. Mess  :idiot2:

I think blame should be apportioned to both sides.  Not sure if it would be an equal share, but both sides have fucked up big time.  The club were stupid enough to pursue a player, who wasn't in any sort of form, looked unsuited to English football and allegedly wasn't even keen on coming here.  Certainly looks to be the case, TBH. 

McClaren has then barely played the bloke.  After it has become apparent that we have slightly better options in front of him and after he's not really shown a great deal when he's actually had the chance. 

He then gets some stick off the fans at Watford.  There's supposedly a bit of a fallout, Thauvin goes crying back to OM, asking them to take him back.  It doesn't sound like there were any discussions to reconcile their differences, or much of a fight to keep him.  Thauvin is just as guilty of deciding he's had enough so early on in his career here.  We then go and spend ANOTHER £12m on Townsend.  Thauvin fucks off home.

What. A. Mess  :idiot2:

Basically aye.

Good luck to the lad. I'm sure he will be happier and perform better back in France.

I'm one of the minority (looking at the poll on here) who have never rated him, nor thought he had shown anything at all to justify his place in the team or indeed at the club.

Think Vlads post sums it up nicely, a very poor transfer and tawdry episode from virtually every parties perspective.

Not agreeing to a fee now is totally the right thing to do and I'm glad we've gone that way if true, he's on a long term contract here so we should be in no hurry to get rid of him.  Even if he doesn't end up back here playing first team Football will give us a much better chance of getting a good fee for him so no point in agreeing some shitty little fee now.

I do wonder what would have happened if we'd made him a starter and showed a bit of faith in him like.

Team was fucking awful during that period like, that's the problem as it was with Cabella when he got his "chance".

Now is the time to be playing him now we have a midfield and Wijnaldum has a position, but we're binning him for Townsend. Frustrating.

Pretty sure that NUFC have agreed to loan Thauvin but have denied the right to buy option as part of the deal which means he'll more then likely be back here in 6 month.

I'm sure he'll be delighted to be leaving the south of france in July to come back to Newcastle where he's been as welcome as a dose of the clap.

Pretty sure that NUFC have agreed to loan Thauvin but have denied the right to buy option as part of the deal which means he'll more then likely be back here in 6 month.

I'm sure he'll be delighted to be leaving the south of france in July to come back to Newcastle where he's been as welcome as a dose of the clap.

I think the official term is 'as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit'

He's not coming back like, if he's no use to us now I don't see what will have changed in 6 months time. If he does come back it will only be to pick up his wages like Marveaux.

Be interesting to see what happens if he goes back and tears it up.

He's not coming back like, if he's no use to us now I don't see what will have changed in 6 months time. If he does come back it will only be to pick up his wages like Marveaux.

Be interesting to see what happens if he goes back and tears it up.

Amazing more than interesting because he hadn't been "tearing it up" directly before we bought him.

If he goes back to Marseille, it's not for 6 months but 3 and a half months, there's not much games left considering he's not fit.

Not fit?

He will need some time to get a good physical condition and to play with confidence. I think there's no point to loan him to Marseille, he would be the same once he comes back.

Taking a big wage cut apparently because we won't pay any of his wages.

He must be desperate to leave.

it was pretty obvious in his performances tbh. Never looked like he fancied it at all.