Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think the writing was on the wall when he arrived, it's like that nursery rhyme (Let's call it little Florie, with a curl): "when he's good, he's very very good, and when he's bad he's horrid" (Sheff Wed). We have to be willing to gloss over the horror show shit until he has accumulated enough positive contributions to make it easy to do so. It's an easy move for him if he immediately sets the world on fire; not so much if he gets in a tailspin due to an deficit in 'stuff' coming off. Have to say, I have seen enough to know I would like to see more. 

I went for keep him on the bench for now. 

He hasn't had much of a chance, granted.  But is he really a better option than Perez on the left?  He has looked slow and weak from what I have seen.

I'd rather we kept him.  But if he doesn't want to be here (which was rumoured all along) then good riddance.

Looks like Levy is cocking up Thauvin's wish to go back to Marseille:

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 2m2 minutes ago

La Provence say Newcastle had still not responded to Thauvin bid despite agreement, and only 11 days to go to wrap it up

OM ready to pull plug on Thauvin deal if no response- working alternatively on bringing Bernard Traore from Chelsea on loan in the meanwhile

Looks like Levy is cocking up Thauvin's wish to go back to Marseille:

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 2m2 minutes ago

La Provence say Newcastle had still not responded to Thauvin bid despite agreement, and only 11 days to go to wrap it up

OM ready to pull plug on Thauvin deal if no response- working alternatively on bringing Bernard Traore from Chelsea on loan in the meanwhile

Good

What's going on with this lad leaving?

Obviously was on the bench yesterday, when he's not going to get on, so why is he still here? Thought he going to OM?

GFFN reported that we said no to the loan deal and that we wanted to flog him instead but OM don't have any money :lol:

Guest neesy111

Obviously was on the bench yesterday, when he's not going to get on, so why is he still here? Thought he going to OM?

GFFN reported that we said no to the loan deal and that we wanted to flog him instead but OM don't have any money :lol:

They owe us £8m in the summer for Cabella.

Brilliant :lol:

What happened to the philosophy to check the character of prospective signings?

Never thought he would make it when he pulled out of a 60/40 in his favour against the mackems, coupled with his dubious dress sense when mincing his way into St James' in a dinner jacket.

Carr burns another £10 mill of Cashley's dosh!

Terrible decision making all round regarding Thauvin. I remember feeling so optimistic when he signed about what he may bring to the team. Unsurprising, I remember given it was like two minutes ago!

Sadly, it's not our decision. He is the one who wants to leave, rightly or wrongly, because of the stick he received at Watford.

While I thought that stick was disgusting, I don't think he can hide behind that if he wants to get away.  Anyone who has such a fragile temperament has no place at a club like Newcastle anyway. It's a shame because the lad clearly has talent but found the pace of the premier league too fast for his liking.