Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thauvin confirmed on Monday that the deal taking him to Marseille is done. He also said that moving to Newcastle reminded him how “lucky” he was to be a Marseille player.

I think that quote should end all talk about how he was never given a fair crack of the whip here. Beach life on Tynemouth sadly never quite compared to Marseilles.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marseille-set-pay-seven-figure-12773287

£5m plus wages we've lost on this lad.

Great work to all involved :slowclap:

The reading comprehension by whoever posted on the prior page that we got back what we paid for him is astonishing :lol: He's likely worth 15-20m+ to French or Italian teams based on his current form and age.

Guest Howaythetoon

When your manager is Pardew followed by Carver and then McClaren, its a tough environment for any player to perform even the better ones.

Guest neesy111

When your manager is Pardew followed by Carver and then McClaren, its a tough environment for any player to perform even the better ones.

I'm not having that.  Players have to be responsible for their own performances, honestly some people will blame the manager for everything.

I'm not having that.  Players have to be responsible for their own performances, honestly some people will blame the manager for everything.

The prevailing culture of shit management and acceptance of mediocrity should not be forgotten like. Over 4-5 years the pattern of failing players points to an issue with management to me tbh. Obviously the fact that Carr wasn't getting players that suited the manager was a very poor state of affairs but perhaps his remit wasn't too do that exactly.

Lots of hyperbole and bullshit levelled at Carr imo.

This lad with all his talent and baggage didn't fancy playing for us, still signed a contract and instantly wanted to get out of town. You compound that type of player who doesn't want to play for us now under the management of training ground genius, Steve McClaren, and our spineless weak ass p*ss team gets steamrolled down to promotion.

Like a perfect fire storm of trash - Ashley, Charnley, Carr, McClaren and players who didn't want to be here, weren't good enough, or were talented and used us as stepping stones. 

This lad with all his talent and baggage didn't fancy playing for us, still signed a contract and instantly wanted to get out of town. You compound that type of player who doesn't want to play for us now under the management of training ground genius, Steve McClaren, and our spineless weak ass p*ss team gets steamrolled down to promotion.

Like a perfect fire storm of trash - Ashley, Charnley, Carr, McClaren and players who didn't want to be here, weren't good enough, or were talented and used us as stepping stones.

Aye, a good manager or indeed good culture around the club might have been enough to see him want to succeed and play for us. We had the exact opposite of that type of culture for ages.

The lad was chased by us and took the move when he didn't really want it, we did nothing to make things appealing so to speak, quite the opposite in fact.

I liked some things I saw in him and would have preferred he stay. Alas.

From .com

Thauvin confirms permanent move

Any lingering uncertainty over the contractual status of Florian Thauvin looks to have been cleared up by interviews the midfielder has given in recent days.

On a season-long loan to former club Olympique Marseille, Thauvin confirms that he's made enough appearances to automatically alter the deal into a permanent transfer for an agreed amount.

That mirrors the arrangement that took Remy Cabella back to OM on an initial loan last season, before his permanent return was confirmed in the summer.

It's claimed that Newcastle will receive around £9.5m back for a player that they allegedly paid £15m for - and whose form back in France has been rewarded by an international call-up.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate Carr, but it's not his fault Thauvin very quickly decided he didn't want to be here anymore. Another one who would have been interesting to see with Rafa in charge.

It's a scouts job to find out about players' character and personality as well as their footballing ability like