Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would love it if we signed Thauvin. But it kind of stinks of a smokescreen for not signing any more players. We tried..

No it doesn't  :lol:

we been linked with him for around 3 years and constantly this summer.

You don't think i know that we've been linked with him for ages?? What i meant is that Marseille have said that they don't want to sell him, and Thauvin himself has said that he will stay at Marseille no matter what. Not sure if correct but from what i've read we already had a similar bid rejected recently. The reason i think this is a smokescreen is for that exact reason, that we've wanted him for ages. We could have made a big bid ages ago, before they sold Payet and Imbula. Why wait until now when it's very unlikely that they want to sell unless for ridiculous money? Which we wont pay.

but it's been rumoured we've made bids already this summer, who says this is the first?

I just think people throw the 'we tried' line around too easily when quite clearly there's a serious interest in the lad.

I would love it if we signed Thauvin. But it kind of stinks of a smokescreen for not signing any more players. We tried..

Contrary to beliefs, they have never used smokescreens or fake bids.

It's obvious to me that they didn't/don't want to spend money and are simply useless at transfers.

It's starts getting tedious when people say "smokescreen", in every thread. We have spent 35m, it isn't a smokescreen.

Whether they will finish the job this summer, remains to be seen.

It's obvious to me that they didn't/don't want to spend money and are simply useless at transfers.

It's starts getting tedious when people say "smokescreen", in every thread. We have spent 35m, it isn't a smokescreen.

:dowie:

:dowie:

Howay then clever shit?

Give it a break, man. Same shite every day.

Absolutely.

We don't have wingers except Aarons, but we might not play with wingers anyway. I want a couple, but imagine how good we would look with two competent CBs.

I'm worried about RB/LB too, but I don't expect a signing.

Absolutely, a creative, exciting right winger and another CB are hugely important pieces we are missing.

Obviously a CB is needed but we are stuck with no ideas attacking wise and an expensive striker that will be isolated and unlikely to make too many opportunities by himself.

Yes we could do with another Striker, starting LB and backup RB but they are lower priorities imo. Another winger is hugely important if as promised we are looking to have a supply line to strikers we have one in our squad that has demonstrated they can cross.

We don't have wingers except Aarons, but we might not play with wingers anyway. I want a couple, but imagine how good we would look with two competent CBs.

I'm worried about RB/LB too, but I don't expect a signing.

Absolutely, a creative, exciting right winger and another CB are hugely important pieces we are missing.

Obviously a CB is needed but we are stuck with no ideas attacking wise and an expensive striker that will be isolated and unlikely to make too many opportunities by himself.

Yes we could do with another Striker, starting LB and backup RB but they are lower priorities imo. Another winger is hugely important if as promised we are looking to have a supply line to strikers we have one in our squad that has demonstrated they can cross.

A CB?  One CB is needed?

It's obviously not the player being interested. We must have been told different or we wouldn't still be trying. He is just placating his fanbase and club, dare I say being professional about everything. Its the club that wants a wad load more money than we want to play, nothing new there.

It's obviously not the player being interested. We must have been told different or we wouldn't still be trying. He is just placating his fanbase and club, dare I say being professional about everything. Its the club that wants a wad load more money than we want to play, nothing new there.

Sounds logical. Cunt needs to go on strike and fly over to Newcastle.

How many times do we have to go in for him and him to tell us he ain't interested?! It's getting embarrassing.

This.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9921213/how-a-transfer-works-from-the-scouting-to-the-signing

That article has to be one of the worst things I've ever read.

Why?

There's nothing there we don't know. Barry fucking Fry is in it.

That's all I can remember, forgot every word of it the moment I read it.

Only thing that might be interesting to some is the 'tapping up' up bit that's revealed by nobody about nobody in particular.

• 2 weeks later...