Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RMC reporting €17m deal agreed plus Cabella on loan with option to buy.

@F8Piraux: REPORT : Agreement Marseille-#Newcastle for Florian #Thauvin with a 17M€ deal, via RMC. Plus Cabella on loan and option to buy. #OM #NUFC

Disappointing to see Cabella going the other way, although I'm extremely excited to see Thauvin. (if this does happen)

I agree it's sad to see him go, but I do admit being very disappointed with him last year. Didn't look capable of adapting to this league in my opinion, apart from 45 mins vs Chelsea.

Oh absolutely, but I mean I think he would thrive in a team with a bit more creativity to it where he doesn't have to be the only one. Sissoko Thauvin and him interchanging between the front three midfielders could've worked.

I'm assuming they don't fancy Cabella out wide and prefer Gini or De Jong at number 10 hence letting him go and bringing in a more natural wide player.

I really hope this is to move Sissoko centrally and Gini in midfield. Or is Sissoko going to play wide left? Thauvin clearly plays at his best on the right side no?

I'm assuming they don't fancy Cabella out wide and prefer Gini or De Jong at number 10 hence letting him go and bringing in a more natural wide player.

Probably. This one looks a goer - over £50m spent thereabouts.

I really hope this is to move Sissoko centrally and Gini in midfield. Or is Sissoko going to play wide left? Thauvin clearly plays at his best on the right side no?

I haven't seen enough of him to know mate.

Maybe m4 can enlighten us.

Can't understand why we'd pay them that much for Thauvin and give them arguably a better player on loan. Baffled by this if it isn't twitter bollocks.

Legs in this by the look of things. Sounds like a nutter so will get on well with our number 45.

I think he's always been more effective on the right wing. But probably sees himself as a natural playmaker.

I think he's always been more effective on the right wing. But probably sees himself as a natural playmaker.

Thank you sir :)

Our transfer deals have been absolutely all over the place for years now like. We either sign shite (a), don't sign anybody (b) or sign value/potential where its not needed © or are ripped off because we're trying to make up for the previous mistakes of a, b and c.

Silly fee, especially seeing as it includes Cabella, who I had high hopes for this season. Thauvin seems more in the mould of an orthodox, pacy winger though, which probably suits our system better in all fairness.

Silly fee, especially seeing as it includes Cabella, who I had high hopes for this season. Thauvin seems more in the mould of an orthodox, pacy winger though, which probably suits our system better in all fairness.

If reports are to be believed they only get Cabella on loan with an option to buy.

Guest neesy111

Well, obviously there will be a fee on that Cabella transfer.  Probably in the 8 figure bracket.

7 figures, we won't get anywhere near 8 figures.