Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Straight swap for Cabella, he just didn't cut the cloth for me last year...

Was given loads of games to prove himself like. Especially that 15 game run where he done nowt. I agree.

Oh wait, none of those things happened.

He made 31 appearances and chipped in with 1 goal and 1 assist. Stats arent everything a kna', but he contributed very little  in games in other areas.

I havent totally written him off by the way, I just wouldnt shed any tears if he left. If he stays then great, lets see if he's better than he showed.

Lets compare then:

Last season -

31 appearances = 1943 minutes

21 starts (subbed off in 10)

10 substituted on

This equated to 1 goal and around 3 assists.

For Montpellier the season before -

37 appearances = 3206 minutes

36 starts (subbed off in 4)

1 substituted on

This equated to 14 goals and 5 assists.

So for Montpellier he played a total of 32 full 90 matches, and for us he managed the mighty sum of 11 full games. That's really giving the lad a chances to prove himself like.

The way you portray his stats, is not representable of the scenario he was in, under both Pardew and Carver. I am totally under the belief that in a team that passes and moves, with him possible playing more centrally, or giving a free role on the wing, he will manage atleast 5-6 goals and assists each, next season. It would be lunacy to ship the lad out now.

I did say the stats werent everything like.

HBA had similar treatment, a game here a game there but when he was playing, even at his poorest, he'd always do something or create something that excited you. I never saw this with Cabella.

Like I said though, I havent totally written him off. As Hanz says, quite often a player will improve in their 2nd year. I'm just not totally convinced Cabella has it in him at this level.

If we signed Thauvin, I bet he would be wanting away within 12 months. His little strike at Lille showed how petulant he is.

Yet at Marseille he seems desperate to prove himself?

Didn't he not want to join Lille due to Rene Girard leaving? Which is the only reason why he was planning on going?

Guest VanBarduck

If we signed Thauvin, I bet he would be wanting away within 12 months. His little strike at Lille showed how petulant he is.

Didn't he not want to join Lille due to Rene Girard leaving? Which is the only reason why he was planning on going?

Exactly, he signed for Lille when they were playing attractive football under Garcia, but then they appointed Girard and his rigid and dated tactics at the end of the season.

Also, the kid had just been named best young player of the league and won the U20 WC.  During the summer, his status completely changed. He wanted Champion's League football, and higher wages to match what Pogba and Kondogbia, the other stars of his generations, were receiving.

I don't think that makes him a mercenary, he is adamant to succeed at Marseille, does not want to join Newcastle (the club has now a bad reputation in France a lot of you are not taking this to account) let's move on!

I feel like messing about with Cabella and Hatem and MYM probably did us in.

Bah, I also meant to say Rudi Garcia in my post above...with him leaving and Girard joining Lille.

Exactly, he signed for Lille when they were playing attractive football under Garcia, but then they appointed Girard and his rigid and dated tactics at the end of the season.

Also, the kid had just been named best young player of the league and won the U20 WC.  During the summer, his status completely changed. He wanted Champion's League football, and higher wages to match what Pogba and Kondogbia, the other stars of his generations, were receiving.

I don't think that makes him a mercenary, he is adamant to succeed at Marseille, does not want to join Newcastle (the club has now a bad reputation in France a lot of you are not taking this to account) let's move on!

Why does the club have a bad reputation in France? We've bought enough of their sodding players.

Suspect you meant "derisory."  A derogatory bid would be something like:

"Good morning, you fat, big-nosed dipshit.  Newcastle United hereby offers to buy that useless piece of rubbish Florian Thauvin for 15 million pounds.  Yours sincerely, Lee Charnley."

"Good morning, you fat, big-nosed dipshit.  Newcastle United hereby offers to buy that useless piece of rubbish Florian Thauvin for 15 million pounds.  Yours sincerely, Lee Charnley."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest antz1uk

brilliant  :lol: :lol:

Looks like we can lock this thread for one more season at least reading his latest quotes.

Don't know what he's said but I'm not too bothered. It means Cabella stays, and while I'd prefer a natural winger, I don't want someone who doesn't want to be here. Cabella should be a lot better for having a season under his belt and not being coached by a bunch of reprobates.

@ToonArmyTalk: Thauvin: "I want to succeed at OM and that means playing here for at least one more season." #nufc

@ToonArmyTalk: Thauvin: "Coming to OM was really what I wanted, and I can't allow myself to leave the club by the back door." #nufc