Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

On sky sports there is an article on how transfers work. They have experts and agents on it explaining each step of the process. Anyway according to that the buying club already knows if a player wants to come, and generally personal terms etc are vaguely agreed,before a bid is made, and only after interest is garnered etc, then a bid will be made.

Surely this means that despite all of the quotes of Thauvin suggesting he hasn't got any interest in us, privately we have been told differently.

The pursuit of Thauvin is very odd. I'd love to know what the story actually is.

Limited net of scouting leads to us having to resort to constantly unsettling the same (prefered) clubs and agents?

I think the problem with this one is we waited too long, if we'd gone in before the sales of Payet, Gignac and Imbula we'd have got him for nearer the original bid. Now OM don't need to sell.

On sky sports there is an article on how transfers work. They have experts and agents on it explaining each step of the process. Anyway according to that the buying club already knows if a player wants to come, and generally personal terms etc are vaguely agreed,before a bid is made, and only after interest is garnered etc, then a bid will be made.

Surely this means that despite all of the quotes of Thauvin suggesting he hasn't got any interest in us, privately we have been told differently.

I'm not saying this is the case but it surely would make sense if it was, why waste time negotiating with a club and putting a finance package together if the player has no intention of signing for us. You would think logically if Thauvin was that dead set against us at the start of the window we would have moved along elsewhere? Unless its a "we tried" situation?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9921213/how-a-transfer-works-from-the-scouting-to-the-signing

We can have all the attacking talent in the world but it won't necessarily translate to points with the likes of Williamson, Taylor and Coloccini at CB.

:thup: we've 'enough' forward players and midfielders, get some fucking defenders... 3 minimum Inc. Mbemba

We can have all the attacking talent in the world but it won't necessarily translate to points with the likes of Williamson, Taylor and Coloccini at CB.

:thup: we've 'enough' forward players and midfielders, get some f***ing defenders... 3 minimum Inc. Mbemba

We really don't, we have one winger in the entire squad. So my question is......

http://41.media.tumblr.com/98e2792d6184bdf82b8941e1a4e30ac4/tumblr_inline_nquvhlw3k31rf5b85_500.jpg

:thup: we've 'enough' forward players and midfielders, get some f***ing defenders... 3 minimum Inc. Mbemba

We really don't, we have one winger in the entire squad. So my question is......

http://41.media.tumblr.com/98e2792d6184bdf82b8941e1a4e30ac4/tumblr_inline_nquvhlw3k31rf5b85_500.jpg

Sure, why not, but in imagination land where there's only two weeks to the start of the season and we're still playing iron Mike and shipping goals for fun I'd be making my priory signings defenders like

I would love it if we signed Thauvin. But it kind of stinks of a smokescreen for not signing any more players. We tried..

No it doesn't  :lol:

we been linked with him for around 3 years and constantly this summer.

I would love it if we signed Thauvin. But it kind of stinks of a smokescreen for not signing any more players. We tried..

No it doesn't  :lol:

we been linked with him for around 3 years and constantly this summer.

You don't think i know that we've been linked with him for ages?? What i meant is that Marseille have said that they don't want to sell him, and Thauvin himself has said that he will stay at Marseille no matter what. Not sure if correct but from what i've read we already had a similar bid rejected recently. The reason i think this is a smokescreen is for that exact reason, that we've wanted him for ages. We could have made a big bid ages ago, before they sold Payet and Imbula. Why wait until now when it's very unlikely that they want to sell unless for ridiculous money? Which we wont pay.

perhaps the issue is we usually go for a player and the club need to sell, however in this instance they've sold 3 (?) players for good money already and therefore if we are get this lad will have to pay above the odds

which we're great at obvs

that or reasonably enough he's not keen on leaving his fucking bird behind