Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

What happpened to a new start and all players getting a chance? Has Cabella even played under McClaren?

He may want to out. Who knows.

What happpened to a new start and all players getting a chance? Has Cabella even played under McClaren?

He may want to out. Who knows.

Yep, he always seems like a bubbly lad on social media but maybe he just hasn't settled in this country.

what Cabella lacked can never be gained imo anyway, not explosive enough, he did the footwork but then could never motor away from his man. also seemed to be like LDJ in that he couldn't kick the ball with any power at all so never took a shot.

We're making a mistake letting go of Cabella. Haven't really seen Thauvin, but he has questionable attitude + had a really poor season last year. Hasn't been any better so far this season either.

As has been said before, there's much more pressing issues too. Nah, not feeling this.

We're class at getting transfers done when there's other issues that are blatantly more pressing.

This kinda reminds me of when we had no left-backs and Ryan frigging Taylor playing there, and yet we were busy pissing around quibbling on the price of Rob Elliot.

Aye! No one needs to tell us that it will take ages, if it happens at all :lol:

And seeing as we only seem capable of working on one transfer at a time and they are saying it will take up most of next week, that leaves a week to sort out the defence.

We're class at getting transfers done when there's other issues that are blatantly more pressing.

This kinda reminds me of when we had no left-backs and Ryan frigging Taylor playing there, and yet we were busy pissing around quibbling on the price of Rob Elliot.

A little bit harsh on Thauvin to compare him to Elliot  :mike:

If we get a Left Back and Centre Half in I wouldn't be too fussed losing Cabella.  However! The one thing that bothers me about this guy is that Carr was keen on him years ago. Is he still the same player that Carr saw?

Was watching the end of the PSG game on a French stream and they mentioned this deal saying it's probably best for Thauvin to leave. Also said he was a favourite of Bielsa which has sold me on wanting him here.

I'm a bit worried about this.

He has said over and over again that he doesn't want to come and now it looks like he is being backed into a corner with this transfer.

He's got an attitude and he has been difficult at previous clubs so I just hope that he settles in here. 

If he moves on next year, I hope it is because he has been a success and not another failed transfer.

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan  5m5 minutes ago

Don't expect there to be many #thauvin defenders around this side of channel. I still think he's got massive potential #nufc #mercurial

Andrew Gibney ‏@Gibney_A  4m4 minutes ago

@davidmcrossan it's the same level of potential for 3 seasons now. Hasn't kicked in despite obvious ability

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan  2m2 minutes ago

@Gibney_A that's the issue isn't it. Watch those runs from halfway out at #bastia and you think genius. Watch #om form and think idle waster

Andrew Gibney ‏@Gibney_A  23s23 seconds ago

@davidmcrossan 100% No pressure at Bastia though. Has crumbled on a bigger stage. Expectation at NUFC will be huge.

what Cabella lacked can never be gained imo anyway, not explosive enough, he did the footwork but then could never motor away from his man. also seemed to be like LDJ in that he couldn't kick the ball with any power at all so never took a shot.

He's closer to Nasri than say, HBA, imo. Not particularly quick but good feet, able to jink through tight spaces, decent eye for a pass. His shot didn't seem that bad fwiw, he just seemed to try to bend everything rather than put his laces through it. There's definitely a place for players like Cabella - ideally as a sort of wide playmaker like Nasri/Silva for City or Mata for Man Utd - just not in our old system or seemingly McClaren's new way of playing. It's a bit of a shame.

http://i.imgur.com/EYW9v6O.png

French journalist for Canal Plus

"Thauvin will sign for Newcastle. Cabella's loan is not yet official. Things are moving in Marseille."

I'm a bit worried about this.

He has said over and over again that he doesn't want to come and now it looks like he is being backed into a corner with this transfer.

He's got an attitude and he has been difficult at previous clubs so I just hope that he settles in here. 

If he moves on next year, I hope it is because he has been a success and not another failed transfer.

On the plus side his missus will be the fittest WAG in the league.

His missus walks in to Sunderland by accident and it's a like a new episode of Walking Dead. Johnson eating kids, Cattermole chewing on cars and M'vila running around with an axe. Fans eating each other waiting at the bus station for their "form a friendship bus" tour to Birmingham.