Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I compared him to Ben Arfa in the sense that he's left footed, excellent dribbler, likes to cut in and not really a traditional winger. Not because he's anywhere near as good.

Sorry.  I didn't mean anyone in particular on here anyway.  I see a few people on twitter saying it.  Like what I saw from him on the highlight reels, but didn't seem that similar to HBA to me. 

Seen him compared to Ben Arfa?  Didn't look the same to me from my comprehensive 15 minute scouting mission  :lol:  Left footed and a no.10 type that likes to roam about, so they are the same in that sense.  But he didn't look that exciting on the ball.  Didn't have that many tricks or glide past his man in the way HBA does.  Actually looked quite rangey, with a long stride and looked taller than 5ft 10".

Bit 'meh' about the whole thing at the minute.  Doesn't sound like he even wants to sign for us.  I like Cabella and would like to see how he fares in a team that isn't managed by a bunch of loons.  I also think another defender is required before we look anywhere else.  I just worry we'll get this lad and that'll be it for transfers.

Still, we're actually spending money and if it works out and he signs.  He's exactly the sort of player that makes me want to start going to watch us again.

What part of him flying into Newcastle convinces you that he does t want to sign for us?

Because his chairman told him it was too good for the club to turn down?  Because we've offered him silly money in comparison to what he's on?  It has been reported he has snubbed us on numerous occasions in the past as well.  The situation when he was at Lille hardly paints him in a good light either.

Oh, but he's supposedly flying in to Newcastle.  Therefore, he must 100% want to sign for us and be happy about it.  Of course, players have never moved clubs in the past against their will or when they're not fully sold on the deal, have they?

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and being paranoid.  But it's still a concern IMO.

I was more meaning, could he be an Albert Luque type?  Who I absolutely loved to bits, then signed for silly wages and was utter dog's breath for us, then later admitted he only came for the money. 

I'm not disputing the fact he's supposedly going to have a medical or that he's going to get on a plane to a different city or something :lol:  Just worried about him being a bit of a wrong un. 

I was more meaning, could he be an Albert Luque type?  Who I absolutely loved to bits, then signed for silly wages and was utter dog's breath for us, then later admitted he only came for the money. 

I'm not disputing the fact he's supposedly going to have a medical or that he's going to get on a plane to a different city or something :lol:  Just worried about him being a bit of a wrong un.

Ironically nice guy Cabella has been about Luque's level

Nah.  I honestly think years and years of shit has made me a glass completely empty and smashed all over the floor, kind of guy.  Whereas I feel my views on day to day life are quite the opposite and I feel I'm a positive person. 

Fuck this club, it's too stressful and depressing.  It's turned me into a negative shithouse, even when we're doing something pretty decent and buying a potentially very good player.

Ironically nice guy Cabella has been about Luque's level

Is he a nice bloke?  Not met him.  Nice hair though.

xx

Didn't we quadruple Luque's wages to £85k or something?  I'm sure Thauvin will get a bigger wage here, but nowt even close to that kind of stupidity.

Oh aye, I don't think it will be on a level with how stupid we were, giving the likes of Owen and Luque bags of cash for little return.  I just saw it as a factor.  As I said, hope I'm wrong.  He looks an exciting player and it will hopefully mean Obertan is back on the bench.

@PeteGravesSky: Remy Cabella has left #nufc training ground early. For all the latest on the Florian Thauvin deal follow @SkySportsNewsHQ #SSNHQ #skysources

Pretty sad to see Cabella go. Never really had much of a chance coming into that mess last season.

actually quiet sad that cabella probably never got the chance to prove his critics wrong!

Lovely player who can´t be blamed for last seasons failure.

He is the type player who needs time to adjust to this league. Tactics, managers and not playing regular in an attacking side is the reason why he did not perform last season.

Why should he when no other did?

I really wanted him to succeed, I loved watching him play for Montpellier and it's a bit crazy to think how far that title team was dismantled over the past 3 years.

Think Cabella could have come good this year if he was fit, I think his quick dribbling and passing would have been great for us. Disaster of a move for him, but I'd put money on him re-finding his form in France, getting back into the French team and so on.

But in Thauvin we potentially have a mecurial winger who is going to be direct and cause problems. I'm all for it.

We still need fucking defenders, ffs, but I'm not going to be so short sighted and think that isn't a move that needs to be done b/c quite frankly we do need a right winger (would have preferred Shaqiri).

actually quiet sad that cabella probably never got the chance to prove his critics wrong!

Lovely player who can´t be blamed for last seasons failure.

He is the type player who needs time to adjust to this league. Tactics, managers and not playing regular in an attacking side is the reason why he did not perform last season.

Why should he when no other did?

Agreed, gutted he's leaving but nowt we can do about it anyhoo.. Just hope Thauvin starts often to improve constantly.

Watching Marseille highlights from last season doesn't show a lot from Thauvin.  Looks like he was on the bench at the end of last season.

Mind though, these highlights don't show much (official league 1 channel):

---------------Mitrovic-------------

Aarons--------Perez-------Thauvin

------Winjaldum----Sissoko-------

Haidara--Taylor-Mbemba-Janmaat

-----------------Krul----------------

Please...just try it for one game, see how it goes.