Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Guest Roger Kint

Why would he come to us? He would be a great signing but I just don't see it.

Exactly.  Non-starter now after the season he's had.

Didnt we sign the last two captains of the French Champions in the past two seasons? However unlikely he is its rubbish to think we should give up all hope just because he has had a good season.

Didnt we sign the last two captains of the French Champions in the past two seasons? However unlikely he is its rubbish to think we should give up all hope just because he has had a good season.

Not just the season he's had, it's more the fact that there is so much talk and interest now.  I might have just had my head in the sand but I don't remember much talk about Cabaye until he was announced as ours.  Just seems we're in for a hell of a fight to sign him and after the season we've had I doubt we'll have as much pull as some of the clubs mentioned. 

Fair enough there was a lot of talk about Debuchy after the euros, but we had Yohan by then  :snod:  :naughty:

Guest Roger Kint

Not just the season he's had, it's more the fact that there is so much talk and interest now.  I might have just had my head in the sand but I don't remember much talk about Cabaye until he was announced as ours.  Just seems we're in for a hell of a fight to sign him and after the season we've had I doubt we'll have as much pull as some of the clubs mentioned. 

Fair enough there was a lot of talk about Debuchy after the euros, but we had Yohan by then  :snod:  :naughty:

I wasnt talking about Debuchy mind, MYM was playing for the Champions by then ;)

Didn't even think of MYM. :blush:

Seen him linked with a lot of people when we were first linked with him, hadn't heard much with regards to him last summer or up until he was here.  Either way, I'll be shocked if this lad ends up here with the hype surrounding him this season.

He's doing amazing for me in FM, shame he's probably too good for us. But who knows, maybe Cabaye will convince him. The face we've pulled off the Cisse and Yanga-Mbiwa deals give me some hope.

"Sissoko? We'll give you 1.8m, final offer"

:troll:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-keeping-tabs-gabon-3003201?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle United are making sure they stay in the race to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer.

French sources say the Magpies have continually kept tabs on the £9m-rated Gabon international throughout the winter and, as the Chronicle reported in February, Toon owner Mike Ashley jetted out to France with chief scout Graham Carr to see him play for St Etienne in their 2-2 draw with Paris-Saint Germain.

The recent rib injury scare for Papiss Cisse has underlined just how thin on the ground Newcastle are when it comes to strikers, with only Shola Ameobi as an alternative in terms of a senior out-and-out forward, while Yoan Gouffran can also operate down the middle.

United have had worries in terms of a lack of depth all season with their squad – and while

injuries haven’t helped, they were exhausted in the biggest week of their season when bowing out to Benfica in the Europa League before a 3-0 surrender against Sunderland.

Newcastle fans are praying that the same mistakes as last summer won’t be made again.

It is thought that Aston Villa striker Andreas Weimann is a genuine United target for next season, with the striker-cum- winger linked with the Magpies last weekend.

And it has emerged that Newcastle talent spotters have indeed run the rule over a player whose contract expires at the end of next season.

Weimann is thought to be keen on the move to Newcastle.

His wages at Villa are understood to be a relatively modest £15,000 a week, and United are in a position to talk figures in or around that figure.

Newcastle’s hand would be strengthened further if Villa were relegated from the top flight, meaning a cash bid could be forthcoming this summer with Paul Lambert’s side knowing they would have to listen to offers for the Austria international, who has scored 11 goals this season.

Another player who is thought to be open to a move to United is Kevin Gameiro.

Newcastle did scout the 25- year-old two years ago and he could be an option if moves for other targets don’t come off.

He has scored just six times in 22 games for Paris Saint-Germain this term, having lost his regular starting place to Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The old say nowt over 300 words article.

• 1 month later...
Guest palnese

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 3h

Saint-Etienne release statement amidst rumours- say they aren't required to sell, and Aubameyang has a release clause

I wonder how much  :shifty:

Graham Carr knows.

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93 3h

Saint-Etienne release statement amidst rumours- say they aren't required to sell, and Aubameyang has a release clause

I wonder how much  :shifty:

What a strange statement. We don't need to sell, but he's available for a fixed fee if you want him. Inviting offers?