Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

I'd go full-strength with Marveaux, Tiote and Yanga-Mbiwa in for Gouffran, Perch and Debuchy.

Yep. Spot on same for me. So you'd put Mapou in at RB then Rich?

Edit: Just saw Ian beat me to it. Nevermind. I know the answer.

I just think he's a more pressing concern to get game-ready than Haidara is and when he signed Pardew said on NUFC TV that he considered him a CB/RB - not a DM. Might be a good way to get him bedded-in, while providing us some much-needed extra threat from set plays.

Can't see Haidara being involved here.

Why not? I would think it's exactly what's likely to happen.

He's not been on the bench in the PL yet, and don't expect to see him before next season tbh.

Might as well have let him finish the season in France if that was the plan.

Personally if MYM plays I think it has to be at CB. If we're going to get him integrated into the team we should do it without messing about with his position.

I do actually think this is the more likely scenario :thup:

Yeah - I also hope we start nearly everyone who's first choice now bar YG and Debuchy for obvious reasons. Mapou in for on the CBs and the rest get it going. Put this tie to bed at home and if we need to rest them next week then fair play.

He's not been on the bench in the PL yet, and don't expect to see him before next season tbh.

Think he'll be on the bench for this one with a run out later on, and start in the away leg.  Fairly certain we'll see him before next season otherwise why would we have registered him for the Europa League?

Guest neesy111

Perfect game for MYM to start.

Who in place though?

Long term it would make sense for him to get as many games as possible with Taylor. But I wouldn't be fussed with either alongside him.

:thup:

Think he'll be on the bench for this one with a run out later on, and start in the away leg.  Fairly certain we'll see him before next season otherwise why would we have registered him for the Europa League?

Because we need to have a squad?

It's absolutely imperative that Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa get as much playing time together, seeing as they're going to be first choice next season.

Based on what? If Colo goes we might buy another centre half for the first team. As even though Taylor is playing well we know that he simply can't be relied upon.

It's absolutely imperative that Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa get as much playing time together, seeing as they're going to be first choice next season.

Based on what? If Colo goes we might buy another centre half for the first team. As even though Taylor is playing well we know that he simply can't be relied upon.

i'd like to think work has been done to find out whether he is unlucky so far are if he truly is unjury prone.

Absolutely, and I wouldn't be averse to shipping him out if Colo wasn't leaving (I say that most transfer windows tbh), but I personally can't see us splashing out on another CB having spent the best part of £7m on MYM, and getting him in 'early' (:yao:). Maybe it's just me being cynical again though.  ;)