Rossi not staying...

Nicky

Sir Alex Ferguson has branded Giuseppe Rossi's loan spell at Newcastle a wasted exercise.

Rossi was allowed to join the Magpies to further his footballing education with Ferguson believing he would be a regular member of Glenn Roeder's squad.

Instead, the promising 19-year-old has made just six Premiership appearances and four of those were as a late substitute.

Rossi has not been seen in league combat since completing the full 90 minutes in the home defeat to Sheffield United on November 4. And, with his own striking resources stretched to breaking point, Ferguson will call time on the Italian Under-21 star's spell in the north-east at the beginning of next month.

"Giuseppe will come back to us because he is just not getting enough football at Newcastle," said Ferguson.

"The understanding we had with them was that he would play more games.

"Every manager is subject to their own opinions on players, so I don't want to say too much about that. But we could have done with him here, so he might as well come back to us."

Rossi will return at a time when Henrik Larsson is about to arrive.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_1739557,00.html

He's got a fair point.

Good,real good

the lad is full of shite,and if "sir" ferguson think our club is not suited for him,then F*** him,and F*** you  too..

i still don't know what was roeder thinking brining him to our club,taking "big clubs" youngsters is something Championship side's do,not a premiership side who wants to finish as one of the top 6 teams..

Guest theunis

fair  enough really not getting games, he didnt want him to play in cups so not enough game time nothing much Rouder can do tbh

To be fair, I dont think i would have started him many more games. He is the youngest and least experienced of all the players that could start upfront for us.

I cant believe Ferguson expect Rossi to be starting every week, as ideal as it might have been for him.

He certainly would have played more than double the amount of games if he was allowed to play for us in Europe.

Guest Invicta_Toon

does he think we're some kind of feeder club or something?

although what the fuck are we doing agreeing to some bollocks like that in the first place?

Glenn, if this is not how it was, put the red faced Jock in his place

if it is, for shame.

Fergueson can fuck right off, tbh. Second time in a week that he's talked bad about us or the manager. One thing if we want to do it, but he should just keep his mouth shut. Roeder should talk back and tell him to play his own players and get his own license.

Fergueson can fuck right off, tbh. Second time in a week that he's talked bad about us or the manager. One thing if we want to do it, but he should just keep his mouth shut. Roeder should talk back and tell him to play his own players and get his own license.

Yeah, but he's been right... twice. :lol:

Yeah, but he's been right... twice. :lol:

i know. that doesn't give him the right to say it though :lol:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=432772&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Fergie+bemoans+Rossi+plight

Ferguson has already agreed a deal to bring Henrik Larsson to the club in the New Year, but is still mulling over another bid for Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

He added: "I don't know what the situation is.

"I have read some things about his injury, but you never usually get the full story that way.

"Besides, I don't want to upset those poor Germans. They are very fragile."

To**er calling the germans w*nkers tbh.

I love the fact that NUFC have annoyed Sir Alex Ferguson. Rossi came to us as "the best finisher at Man U".  Let's see how many times Man U play him when he goes back (assuming they don't loan him out again).

PS

One thing that's always bugged me. Why do comentators call Ferguson "Alec"?

Good,real good

the lad is full of shite,and if "sir" ferguson think our club is not suited for him,then F*** him,and F*** you  too..

i still don't know what was roeder thinking brining him to our club,taking "big clubs" youngsters is something Championship side's do,not a premiership side who wants to finish as one of the top 6 teams..

I thought it hugely embarrasing, and I'd say this proves me right.

Can't blame him for wanting to play, but it irritates me that Fergie thinks he can dictate who plays for Newcastle.

But - he should never have been brought in for FOUR SODDING MONTHS.

Ridiculous.

We are not Man U's training outfit, no matter what Fergie (and Roeder at the time) thought.

We got what we wanted.....cover for the striker position. Sure SAF might have wanted Rossi to play, and if he was good enough I would have wanted him to play too, but he was only ever here for cover.

No one thought that Sibierski would have been Glens go-to-guy, so if Rossi couldn't beat out Sibs for the forward position then he wasn't as good as SAF thinks he is.

We wanted cover for the forwards....Rossi was that cover. Job done.  Now GR needs to sign some player  permanently to shore up the forwards and defense.