Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

We always hear about whether tackles were malicious or not. "It was a bad challenge, but there wasn't any malice in it." What does it even mean? There are plenty of malicious challenges that are swept under the carpet, with excuses such as "well he didn't mean it." No, he might not have thought "I'm going to fuck up this lad's leg", but going in like he did, he showed a great deal of malice. He showed a blatant disregard towards the safety of a fellow professional, and it matters not one iota whether he's 18 or 38.

I don't think many would expect Martinez - or most managers - to lay in to their player in an interview. But to defend him like he did was really disappointing, I for one thought he was a bit better than that. He was actively excusing him for it due to his inexperience, naivety, whatever you want to call it. To do that is an insult to Haidara, it's an insult to everyone's intelligence and quite frankly more than anything, it's a massive slap in the face to the laws of the game that, last time I checked, were supposed to be applied equally regardless of a player's age, club, personality or indeed any other factor other than the incident itself.

The whole thing stinks to high hell and I think Martinez will have lost a few of his fans with that post-match interview. As for McManaman, well he's a marked man now and will have that tackle hanging over him for a while I think. He may well go out of his way to apologise to Haidara. That's all well and good, but perhaps he should have shown a similar level of care when he rammed his boot into his leg.

Callum mcmanaman isn't all inncocent like Martinez claims - the little cunt posted this on Twitter about a month ago --- Look at that fucking hashtag  :rant:

callum mcmanaman ‏@cm_macca

"Wow never been so cold on a pitch in me life that was a funny game haha are boys love a tackle.. #chaos #twofoot"

That settles it. Bindipping little fucking prick. That needs to get plastered over Twitter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/17/article-0-18BD8F27000005DC-397_634x480.jpg

was that while hidara was being treated? there was a bloke on 606 saying martineze wasa disgrace for soemthing bthat happend.

While Halsey has been getting all the stick after watching on MOTD it has to be said he has been severely let down by his two linesmen,  one had a clear view of the challenge on Haidara

Did he? The view they showed on MOTD2 was with a zoom lens which foreshortened the distance. In practice, the lino would have been standing in the other half of the field, more than 30 yards away. What's more, at the point of contact Haidara was between McManaman and the linesman and it would have been difficult to see with the right degree of confidence where the contact was made.

We're all angry about a tackle which has put a young lad's career in jeopardy, but we have to be realistic about what we can expect from officials. They can't give what they don't see. People saying that Halsey could have sussed out what happened by what was going on before and after his view was blocked are in cloud-cuckoo land. No-body can say how long his view was blocked for, and in any case he can't send a player off based on supposition. That's basic.

While Halsey has been getting all the stick after watching on MOTD it has to be said he has been severely let down by his two linesmen,  one had a clear view of the challenge on Haidara

Did he? The view they showed on MOTD2 was with a zoom lens which foreshortened the distance. In practice, the lino would have been standing in the other half of the field, more than 30 yards away. What's more, at the point of contact Haidara was between McManaman and the linesman and it would have been difficult to see with the right degree of confidence where the contact was made.

We're all angry about a tackle which has put a young lad's career in jeopardy, but we have to be realistic about what we can expect from officials. They can't give what they don't see. People saying that Halsey could have sussed out what happened by what was going on before and after his view was blocked are in cloud-cuckoo land. No-body can say how long his view was blocked for, and in any case he can't send a player off based on supposition. That's basic.

Fuck me. Absolutely incredible.

get yourself to spec savers if you cant see that from 30 yds.

Callum mcmanaman isn't all inncocent like Martinez claims - the little c*** posted this on Twitter about a month ago --- Look at that f***ing hashtag  :rant:

"Wow never been so cold on a pitch in me life that was a funny game haha are boys love a tackle.. #chaos #twofoot"

That settles it. Bindipping little f***ing prick. That needs to get plastered over Twitter.

that tweet is from weeks ago about a totally different incident.

Say something constructive, Dave. Surprise me.

I saw Neesy today :sweetjesus:

Did you ignore him?

Brief eye contact but basically yes :lol:

Also, I can confirm the rumours are true. Sifu's smile could win the heart of any man or woman.

That's actually helped to calm me down, haha. Much appreciated :aww:

You're totally wrong. How's that?

Callum mcmanaman isn't all inncocent like Martinez claims - the little c*** posted this on Twitter about a month ago --- Look at that f***ing hashtag  :rant:

That settles it. Bindipping little f***ing prick. That needs to get plastered over Twitter.

yep- but sort of inihilates this- hes not that type of player bullshit.

think he's alluding to the fact he's happily tweeting about his team-mates "loving a tackle" with the hashtag two foot, suggesting they, or at least he, intentionally does go in like that at times.  Seems extremely hard to believe it was completely unintentional.

Wow

You're totally wrong. How's that?

A fail, I'd say.